PDA

View Full Version : LightHeart Gear Sale

HeartFire
11-20-2012, 12:31
LightHeart Gear will start it's end of year sale shortly after Thanksgiving. Standard solo tents will go on sale for $199.00, Duo's for $245.00

We will be introducing the new Standard SoLong 6 tent -manufactured here in the USA. The standard SoLong 6 has an awning on one side and a regular fly on the other side. It has 2 doors, and there is now a zipper in the awning. The zipper allows you to get in and out of the tent without having to crawl under the fly. The fly comes a lot closer down to the ground for more protection in the rain. Photos of the new Standard SoLong 6 will be up on the website in a few days.

The Standard SoLong 6 tent will go on sale at an introductory price of $275.00 After the sale the price will be $325.00. The colors (for now) are forest green tent with a tan floor, or a tan tent with a forest green floor.

The sale will run throughout the month of December.

SawnieRobertson
11-20-2012, 13:11
What a wonderful opportunity for those who need a bigger tent! I love my solo. You are the best, Heartfire!

4Bears
11-20-2012, 17:09
After seeing the pic's you sent me yesterday, I am waiting for the start of the sale, thanks. :)

HeartFire
11-20-2012, 17:48

bfayer
11-20-2012, 19:42
Judy,

What is the weight of this version? By the way good choice on the made in USA :)

Del Q
11-20-2012, 21:00
Kudos!

I purchased a so long 6 in cuben fiber with zippered openings on both sides, A +++

Forgetting weight for a moment, I am pretty large and like a roomy tent. Pack inside, room to spread out......this tent is about 22 ounces or so. As close to perfect as I have experienced.

HeartFire
11-20-2012, 21:17
The Standard SoLong 6 is 1 lb 14 oz. but it has 2 doors, so extra zippers there.

I got so much flack for having the Solo & Duo made in China that I decided it wouldn't happen again, and, since you can't get just 20 or 30 tents made by anyone in the States at a reasonable cost, good quality, and done on time, I started my own factory. I am now doing contract sewing for LightHeart Gear and for other small companies, backpacking, car camping, etc, Have an idea and dont know how to get it sewn? just want 20 or 30 of them - I will do it. I've got several employees and the theory is as the boss, I can get things going , and then I can leave to go hike!

bfayer
11-20-2012, 21:45
The Standard SoLong 6 is 1 lb 14 oz. but it has 2 doors, so extra zippers there.

I got so much flack for having the Solo & Duo made in China that I decided it wouldn't happen again, and, since you can't get just 20 or 30 tents made by anyone in the States at a reasonable cost, good quality, and done on time, I started my own factory. I am now doing contract sewing for LightHeart Gear and for other small companies, backpacking, car camping, etc, Have an idea and dont know how to get it sewn? just want 20 or 30 of them - I will do it. I've got several employees and the theory is as the boss, I can get things going , and then I can leave to go hike!

Even better doing it yourself.

Does the fly on the side without the awning have a zipper also? (I assume it does but just checking)

HeartFire
11-20-2012, 21:48
Even better doing it yourself.

Does the fly on the side without the awning have a zipper also? (I assume it does but just checking)
Yes, since the tent has 2 doors, you have to be able to get out on either side. The middle picture I posted above shows the back side (non awning side) of the tent

kayak karl
11-20-2012, 21:50
your gear almost makes he want to go back to tents :) Nice work Judy!

Old Hiker
11-20-2012, 23:25
Oh, my. 2.5 years early with what I want. Early Christmas present for me.

Northern Lights
11-20-2012, 23:34
hmmm. I don't 'need' a new tent, but I've wanted one of yours for a couple of years now. Maybe now is the time. :)

HeartFire
11-23-2012, 21:20
The sale is up on the website.

4Bears
11-27-2012, 19:57
Just a bump!

nastynate
11-29-2012, 09:08
What are the pros/cons of the duo wedge versus the solong 6. 80% use would be me (5'8" 165 lbs) and my son (4 years old) with the remainder as a solo shelter. Trips in the southeast usually around a lot of water.

HeartFire
11-29-2012, 19:35
What are the pros/cons of the duo wedge versus the solong 6. 80% use would be me (5'8" 165 lbs) and my son (4 years old) with the remainder as a solo shelter. Trips in the southeast usually around a lot of water.
I think a SoLong 6 would be better, they are both hybrid single/double walls, but the SoLong 6 has a smaller single wall side than the duo - if you get condensation - this is where it will be an issue. The SoLong 6 also has the ridge vents which help some with condensation.

The duo is wider - more room, but a 4yo doesn't take up too much room, but the duo does have the higher waterproof rated fabric. Both are great tents.