PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

Praha4
11-21-2012, 23:30
here's wishing Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow White Blazers and AT hikers! Most of you I've never met but thoroughly enjoy reading the forums here on WB, lots of good info, advice, tall tales and humor.

Have a great day, eat lots of goodies, and stay healthy. As for me, I'm at home in Florida with the wife, and plan on carbing up tomorrow for my next AT hike, and watching the Redskins whup the Cowboys. And I'm very thankful, one year ago at this time, I was sweating pending surgery for prostate cancer. That's now behind me, and I'm hiking again.

hasta el proximo!

Wise Old Owl
11-21-2012, 23:51
Here is a second Hi-de-ho to all here at WB and fellow hikers. Tis a season to be with family and friends and enjoy our company together.

Dr. Professor
11-22-2012, 00:01
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Sitting by the fire sipping scotch; it's not a campfire, and the scotch hasn't been earned by a hard day's hike, but it'll do.

Maddog
11-22-2012, 03:21
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Maddog:D

Mrs Baggins
11-22-2012, 07:00
A happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day to you all from this side of the Shire :) This Hobbit appreciates and enjoys a well laid, generous table and so it shall be for my family and friends today.

Karma13
11-22-2012, 07:01
A blessed and Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!

And to those who don't celebrate... happy Thursday! :)

HikerMom58
11-22-2012, 07:09
Happy Thanksgiving EVERYONE!! Thanks y'all for the friendships, advice, laughs and just plain fun on WB. :) Later......

nitewalker
11-22-2012, 07:53
gobble, gobble!! Happy Thanksgiving to all . i hope you all enjoy the day with family, friends and the N E Patriots...

hikerboy57
11-22-2012, 08:03
happy thanksgiving everyone. i wonder if mountain house has a thanksgiving freezer bag meal.i did heaar yesterday about a company that makes some unusual ice cream flavors, including cranberry, sweet potato, and turkey.

Starchild
11-22-2012, 08:35
Happy Thanksgiving and wishing you all much to be thankful for.

TrailMate
11-22-2012, 08:56
And Happy TG to you Starchild. Peace

T-Rx
11-22-2012, 08:58
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope everyone enjoys good family, fun and friends.

coach lou
11-22-2012, 10:55
Happy Thanksgiving folks.......gotta' go.........cooking:eek:

johnnybgood
11-22-2012, 11:03
Happy Thanksgiving to all . Eat plenty , be thankful today and enjoy being with family . Strap on the day pack after the feast and take a long walk too.

canoe
11-22-2012, 11:38
HAPPY THANKSGIVING all

tiptoe
11-22-2012, 16:06
Finally done with the cleaning and food prep; just waiting for the guests now. We truly have a lot to be thankful for. Best wishes to all, and happy hiking.

Kerosene
11-22-2012, 19:07
My first-ever Thanksgiving by myself...not recommended -- both for lack of companionship and lack of food variety! Make sure you are truly thankful to have your loved ones close at hand. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

avalonmorn
11-22-2012, 20:43
Alone in recliner, weiner dog in lap, Castle reruns on tv, football later, and thankful for the freedom to choose what to do today because of our brave troops. Happy Thanksgiving, and may God bless America. Be safe friends.

Plodderman
11-22-2012, 21:29
Have a great Thanksgiving.

SunnyWalker
11-22-2012, 23:20
Happy Thanksgiving from us in West Texas. it is another 75 degree day here. Love it!

Rain Man
11-23-2012, 09:57
Well, we feasted on Thanksgiving turkey, dressing, gravy, green beans, biscuits and butter, sweet potatoes, cranberries, and pecan pie ... at the Cracker Barrel in Newport, Tennessee. LOL

But, were on the way "over the hills and through the woods to grandma's house" to spend the weekend with family in South Carolina! Today, "Black Friday," I get both to go to the Greenville REI and Mast General Store and three other local outfitters and my mother hosts the big family dinner this afternoon and we draw names for Christmas gifts. And tomorrow Clemson whups up on South Carolina. Okay, maybe I'll have to save those three outfitters until tomorrow.

The way life should be. :D

Truly, Americans have SO MUCH to be thankful for.

Rain:sunMan

SawnieRobertson
11-23-2012, 10:30
Man, the Rain is s'posed to be a-comin' hereabouts this afternoon. Then the snow will follow. I think your family's trip to your mother's house is well advised. That said, I want to thank you for such a pleasant post on such a challenging day, the day I guess I have to say "Goodbye" to the warmth of early Fall and get ready for the Winter relentless chills that will follow. And thank you for sending your friend to ask me for a shuttle to Fox Creek. Something tells me he would be better driving straight to Virginia Beach or farther south. Ah well, at least the deer will start moving around to the joy of the hunters on the lands that arc about me. (I wear blaze orange when I go to my car.) Hello to Stitch.--Kinnickinic