neo
05-20-2005, 11:11
has anyone tried the energizer AAA lithium batteries in led head lamps
i plan on using them in sept when i do a hike from dalton mass to gorham nh
i hike at night alot,i should get a good ideal how they hold up then,gonna do
321 miles in 16 days:cool: neo

Footslogger
05-20-2005, 11:25
Sure have, about 2 months ago ...and so far they're working great. In fact, my old Petzl Tikka has never shined so brightly. About the same time I popped the AAA's in my headlamp I also put 2 AA lithiums in my digital camera. Carried it on my recent hike from Kincora to Damascus and took dozens of pics (with and without flash). When I got home the battery indicator still showed a full charge.

'Slogger
AT 2003

-MYST-
05-20-2005, 13:27
If they perform anywhere near as good as the 'AA' batteries they will last three times longer (plus or minus) and weigh less at the same time. I have been looking for 'AAA' lithium batteries and haven't been able to find them. Where are you getting them at?

Ga->ME'04

Footslogger
05-20-2005, 13:28
[QUOTE=-MYST-]Where are you getting them at?
=================================
Got mine at Wal-Mart

'Slogger

Stoker53
05-20-2005, 13:43
How much more expensive are the lithium vs alkaline?

Footslogger
05-20-2005, 13:59
Haven't bought AAA Alkalines in a while so don't know the exact price but I paid $8 for a four pack of the AAA lithiums

'Slogger

neo
05-20-2005, 14:39
If they perform anywhere near as good as the 'AA' batteries they will last three times longer (plus or minus) and weigh less at the same time. I have been looking for 'AAA' lithium batteries and haven't been able to find them. Where are you getting them at?

Ga->ME'04
rei has them 4 per pack 10.95,2 per pack 5.95:cool: neo
http://www.rei.com

TOW
05-21-2005, 08:12
They are an excellent choice for winter hiking as well. When they are cold, they continue to energize.........wanderer

Lilred
05-21-2005, 09:26
I've had AA in my camera now for quite some time. Have taken well over 200 pics and have kept the video window on as well, including using it to show just about everyone all the pics I've taken. They're still going strong. I've got AAA in my headlamp right now but haven't used them for very long. Will know better after my six week section starting NEXT WEEK!!!! :D Oh man, I gotta get packin........ :eek: