PDA

View Full Version : A Test of Time

skeeterfeeder
11-30-2012, 20:21
I have recently published a book on my thru-hike that might be of interest to older hikers, or anyone who doesn't feel like an expert hiker. It is available on Amazon Kindle e-books.

http://www.amazon.com/A-Test-Of-Time-ebook/dp/B009L5B874/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1354320852&sr=1-2&keywords=a+test+of+time

adamkrz
11-30-2012, 20:27
Anyway to get it in print, I hate E everything..

msupple
11-30-2012, 21:10
I just read the sample on Amazon and really liked it. I felt like I was right there with you....I like your writing style. If I had a kindle, Nook etc I'd definitely buy it.

Cat in the Hat

MuddyWaters
11-30-2012, 23:56
I just read the sample on Amazon and really liked it. I felt like I was right there with you....I like your writing style. If I had a kindle, Nook etc I'd definitely buy it.

Cat in the Hat

You can put a kindle app on any smartphone, or PC.

Mrs Baggins
12-01-2012, 06:57
Anyway to get it in print, I hate E everything..

Me, too. If it's not in print I won't be reading it. I don't see that as my loss. It's revenue loss to the authors.

MuddyWaters
12-02-2012, 00:52
I purchased it to read, since it was cheap and I was looking for something else to read.
Im not going to critique it, Im about halfway thru, and Im not really a literary critic.

Ive read a bunch of trail journals published as books though.
I see a similar pattern occur in a lot of them.

Most are mildly interesting in the early parts, because the trail is new, the author is relating his/her newfound knowledge, mistakes, views about things, stories about people they meet.

Somewhere north of the GSMNP, they get pretty boring. They turn into "today I hiked X miles to Y shelter, stayed with hikers ABC and DEF"

Honestly, I think I have about 4 right now that I quit reading in Va, they became so darn boring.
This one appears to be following that track. It takes interesting stories about people and events to keep things readable.

Trillium
12-02-2012, 21:21
I have recently published a book on my thru-hike that might be of interest to older hikers, or anyone who doesn't feel like an expert hiker. It is available on Amazon Kindle e-books.

http://www.amazon.com/A-Test-Of-Time-ebook/dp/B009L5B874/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1354320852&sr=1-2&keywords=a+test+of+time
I commend you on your honesty of announcing that you have published a book as opposed to pretending to be someone who has read it and is recommending it. I read the sample on amazon and enjoyed. Don't have a kindle but hope that I can borrow a friends.

yellowsirocco
12-02-2012, 21:33
I commend you on your honesty of announcing that you have published a book as opposed to pretending to be someone who has read it and is recommending it. I read the sample on amazon and enjoyed. Don't have a kindle but hope that I can borrow a friends.

Funny thing is the second review on Amazon is a shill trying to promote a book they referance in their review. It is not something that this author has control over though.

fcoulter
12-03-2012, 15:24
If you've already got the Word (whatever) file that you created the Kindle book version, it shouldn't be that hard to turn it into a print on demand book, also from Amazon. This would be good for the technophobes who like to read on a processed dead tree carcass.

(Just kidding...)

The advantage to print on demand is that you don't give Amazon any money. You get royalties if they sell any, and nothing changes hands if you don't.