PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to thru hike the pinhoti

birdygal
12-02-2012, 11:14
Looking for someone interested doing a thru hike of the Pinhoti I am 56 and will not be going fast

Drybones
12-02-2012, 11:44
When do you plan to make the hike? Don't know if I can do the entire trail but can do part of it.

birdygal
12-02-2012, 13:49
I don't have a particular date though I would like to do it in Jan, I plan on doing 300 miles on the AT in the spring

10-K
12-12-2012, 07:06
I'm starting at Rebecca Mt. in AL on January 5th and hiking to the northern terminus on the BMT but I'm going to be moving along at a good clip - 20+ mpd...

Hitchin' Post
12-12-2012, 11:15
I'm doing a week on the Alabama section--either the week of Dec. 23rd or Dec. 30th. Just trying to get back into trail shape, so I won't be going too fast.

ednotmilkman
12-22-2012, 01:36
hi birdygal, just saw your post while looking for hiking options after Christmas. I am interested in doing the GA section of the Pinhoti since I have already hiked the AL parts a few times. Let me know if and when you are walking this part. I just replied similarly to somebody else about this that wanted to do the whole ECT. I don't really want to walk the 2 road sections, but am interested in bicycling, if you don't want to shuttle up by car. Edwin

MorningJoe
12-22-2012, 17:12
I'm the guy ednotmilkman was referring to... I'll be starting my ECT thru-hike Jan. 27th from Key West, FL... Hope to make it to the Pinhoti by March averaging approx. 17 mpd.

Drybones
12-22-2012, 18:58
I'm doing a week on the Alabama section--either the week of Dec. 23rd or Dec. 30th. Just trying to get back into trail shape, so I won't be going too fast.

What section you planning to do, I have to stay with the other two dogs of the house until the boss returns from FL on 12/30 but plan to spend a little time on the Pinhoti after that.

ednotmilkman
12-22-2012, 22:35
Hi again DryBones,

We need to stop meeting like this and get together on a trail, soon !

birdygal
12-23-2012, 23:20
my plans have been put off for the a thru of the Pinhoti, I really wanted to get Alabama done as I am not close enough to day hike that section, I have done all of Ga South of Dalton just by Dayhiking it, Since I got a horse for Christmas I might just give a second round of all of Ga minus the small bits horses are not allowed on four feet. If anyone wants to skip or even just slackpack the road walk section from Dalton to Chatsworth give me a holler, 30 miles of hardtop with a backpack on hurts your feet at least it did mine, I did not do the Cave springs road walk section but its a bit too far for me to help in that section. I live 4 miles from the Dug Gap section where the road walk starts in Dalton