PDA

View Full Version : LL Bean Sleeping Bags....

Namaste
12-03-2012, 18:17
I have some coupons for LL Bean that will be expiring soon so I thought I would get my daughter a new sleeping bag for Christmas. She's thin, 5'6" and a side sleeper. It should be down and rated for 20 degrees. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with their bags? I see they offer Big Agnes, too, so any help with their bags would be helpful. Thanks.

Feral Bill
12-04-2012, 01:38
The Mountain Hardware Phantom 15 degree looks nice. And, of course, anything Bean sells can be returned if it doesn't work out.

PD230SOI
12-04-2012, 02:35
I have had a LL Bean sleeping bag for about 20 years. I'm at the office so I cannt tell you the model, but I have been very happy with it. I use it in the Fall, Winter, & Spring and on very cold summer nights. It packs smallish (for synthetic) and has withstood years of pounding and now my young sons. It has gotten wet and dirty and yet still works great even in the snow. I do take care of it; liner, hang it at home, etc.

I strongly recommend it as a long term durable bag. You may however find a lighter, cheaper, more featured bag elsewhere. But for long term bag for your buck - it has been great.