PDA

View Full Version : Book for thru-hike planners

BrianLe
12-07-2012, 17:34
Apologies in advance if this post isn't appropriate here --- I tried contacting the forum management and didn't get a reply, and noticed someone else recently posted something similar, so ---

I wrote a book aimed at the sort of "planning" type of person who aspires to do a thru-hike. The drop-out rate on long distance trails is pretty high, yet a lot of people spend a lot of time, effort, and money in planning and prep. From talking to folks and in some cases reading this and other forums it struck me that folks that are doing such planning work often aren't investing their time and money very effectively.

I don't plan on repetitively posting about this (spam) or putting it up in multiple sub-forums, but do want to make it 'known' if this isn't offensive to anyone.
It's available as of today, in Kindle format only for now. I'll likely put it up for Nook and perhaps iTunes (other?) after a few months of Kindle exclusivity (the whole 'author' experience is interesting, and this exclusivity/marketing thing is one aspect of that). I guess an interesting side question (perhaps worth a different thread) is what ePublishing domains are most interesting to folks? Since either Kindle or Nook software can be downloaded for free to run on a variety of platforms, maybe publishing for several such formats/sites isn't important??

Anyway, here's the link to the book: http://tinyurl.com/a9dybc5

Hikes in Rain
12-07-2012, 19:57
Good for you. That's a massive undertaking. Congratulations.

Ron
12-07-2012, 20:32
Brian - Just bought the book. I've always found your posts here and on BPL to be rational and experienced.
Thanks....Ron