PDA

View Full Version : SHUTTLE TO HOPE, AK from ANCHORAGE, AK

The Solemates
05-25-2005, 09:41
I am having difficulty finding an inexpensive shuttle from Anchorage, AK to Hope, AK and would like input regarding some contacts. My wife and I will be flying into Anchorage on Wednesday, June 8 around 9PM. We need a shuttle to Hope, AK, preferably that night. its a 3-hr drive. The shuttler will have to provide us with Coleman fuel for our stove.

Anybody know of any outfitters in Anchorage with phone numbers? Ive hiked this trail before (Ressurection Pass Trail...its a popular one) and have used an outfitter in ANC to shuttle us, but I cant find any info on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Nameless
05-25-2005, 21:08
Hello,

I'm from Anchorage, and would have loved to shuttle you myself for about the cost of gas, but I will be hiking up Katahdin that day to start my SOBO thru. So, unfortunatly (but I am pretty excited about the thru...), I cannot give you the ride myself, but I will ask around to see if some of my friends will drive for a couple extra dollars. Its a really pretty drive, and have a great hike on the Ressurection trail, I love the trail. Its one of the longest in Alaska (Chilkoot is the only one close I can think of, another beautiful trail). it was actually the first backpacking trip I ever did, when I was twelve, so I have some very fond memories of it. My goal is to do it in one day some day, I dont know when I will ever get the chance though seeing I am perminantly moving out of alaska next may, and will be on the trail untill december. Have a great hike!!!

Pink

Oh, outfitters -

www.alaskamountaineering.com (http://www.alaskamountaineering.com) AMH (907)272-1811
Barney's Sports Chalet (907)561-5242
Peter Glenn Ski & Sport (907)349-2929
REI (907)272-4565

Our yellow pages mentions Alaska shuttle at (907)247-2222 and Alaska Travel Shuttle at (907)248-3566 I have never used either of these, so I do not know how good they are, or how much they cost.

Pencil Pusher
05-25-2005, 21:18
Heh, this seems like a rather odd place to post such inquiry, but I recall paying about $90 for a roundtrip shuttle between Anchorage and Talkeetna. Don't know where this Hope is, but you might try looking up climbing resources/links for McKinley where you'll probably stumble upon the names of a few shuttle companies. Maybe even Googling the airport in Anchorage would provide you with some leads. Aside from the sawdust floors and well water, I think Alaska has actual stores where you can buy Coleman fuel... whiskey and ammo optional. They're still working on getting electricity though...

http://www.dot.state.ak.us/anc/passengerinfo/transportation.shtml

http://www.nltours.com/transfers/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=seward+anchorage+shuttle

...kids have no patience these days...

oruoja
05-26-2005, 09:32
I would have been happy to provide the ride, but I am moving out of state hitting the Alcan Hwy on 02 Jun. heading for Vt. Not sure on shuttle service, but you might be able to take a bus service (actually large vans) from Anchorage to at least the juction with the Seward Hwy and Hope cutoff which puts you 16 miles from Hope. I know there are some B&B places in Hope and you might be able to get a ride from the above junction through them. One of the "bus" lines I see on the hwy south of here I beleive is called Homer Stage Line. I will look into this and post any news I find after today as the movers are due in a couple of hours. Actually, after all of this rambling I think our local REI might have this type of information.

The Solemates
05-27-2005, 11:23
Well Im off to AK tomorrow morning. Hope to see some moose, whales, and even maybe a bear. not to mention bald eagles and caribou and lots of huge mountains and glaciers and....

man its gonna be great

The Solemates
06-20-2005, 09:49
Alaska was awesome. Will post my pictures soon.

Freighttrain
06-20-2005, 12:56
when I first visited Hope Alaska, I said to myself... I am Home.

The Solemates
06-27-2005, 14:56
The photos have been up for a while now. Forgot to update this post. They are under the Kenai Peninsula album on my yahoo page.

Pencil Pusher
07-01-2005, 00:22
Nice photos. Great you are able to enjoy these times with that someone special.