PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlite packs love'm or hate'm?

Cure
12-09-2012, 00:45
Anyone using hyperlite packs? Thru hikers, section hikers, or weekenders what's your thought?

RodentWhisperer
12-09-2012, 21:43
I suspect you'd get more responses on the General Gear Talk forum. Nonetheless, here's a reader review on BPL:
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews?forum_thread_id=38613&cat=Backpacks%20%2D%20Frameless&cid=13

Razor
12-10-2012, 13:06
I have used a HyperLite Windrider for 2 seasons and about 2800 miles . They are very well built and are backed by a service related company. At 24 ozs they are light and the material is bombproof. Very comfortable at the lbs rating. The key question is can you keep your kit at <30 lbs & 2500 ci's. It is a lightweight packers dream but know what your kit limits are. For someone who can do that ,I would highly recommend looking and considering it. Also ,I understand they are now building a larger model that Ryan Jordon ( founder of Backpacking Lite web site) uses as his main pack. Check out their web site if you haven't already.

Cure
12-11-2012, 23:42
Where do u stow your ten?

Veetack
12-12-2012, 19:04
I hiked with Left Field for a bit through Georgia. He's a HL rep and everything in his pack that could be was made by HL. He swore by the stuff and let me perform a few stress tests on his gear. I will reiterate that the material is bombproof. Cuben fiber is expensive, but if you can afford it, it's well worth it. I will say that when it gets dirty, it's going to stay looking dirty, as it browns out pretty fast. Amazing gear IMO.

Razor
12-12-2012, 21:26
What is ten?