PDA

View Full Version : Stoves I have been making I call the The Mini Tattoo stove

cybernugz
12-10-2012, 18:29
Just wanted to show a stove that I have been working on.please let me know what you think :-? Thanks..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elqfgR_pLAo

Half Note
12-10-2012, 19:03
Pretty nifty, but what's it made out of? How much does it weigh? Do all the pieces come off and collapse?

Good first video but maybe explain more stuff in the next one. All in all, looks pretty sweet man.

cybernugz
12-10-2012, 19:09
18376They are made out of 1 piece of aluminum weight of the stove itself is .7oz the stove itself does not come apart no real need to they are quite small

cybernugz
12-10-2012, 19:27
Stove,4oz fuel bottle,nipple cap,2ft silicone fuel line weighs in at 1.7oz

AllenIsbell
12-10-2012, 19:39
How much for one?

AllenIsbell
12-10-2012, 19:40
Also, what is the nipple for on the side/bottom?

cybernugz
12-10-2012, 19:52
The nipple is to hook the fuel line to it is a bottle fed stove. I am getting $35 for them shipped

AllenIsbell
12-10-2012, 19:55
Oh okay. I see the fuel line in the video now. Got any pics of the fuel bottle setup?

cybernugz
12-10-2012, 21:01
18380Here you go..

AllenIsbell
12-10-2012, 21:04
That's awesome, man.

cybernugz
12-10-2012, 21:22
Thank you.

msupple
12-10-2012, 22:07
18376They are made out of 1 piece of aluminum weight of the stove itself is .7oz the stove itself does not come apart no real need to they are quite small

The stove in the video seems to have a base with three rods to support the pot. The one in this pic does not. Is there a seperate base and if so do the rods detach for packing?

Cat in the Hat

cybernugz
12-10-2012, 22:17
The pictured potstand is just one I made for testing

Slo-go'en
12-11-2012, 00:41
The pictured potstand is just one I made for testing

You really should include a pot stand. Something so pretty needs a matching stand.

It's not clear if the bottle continues to feed fuel into the stove once you've "primed" it or not. I suspect it does, which I can see as both a good thing and a bad thing.

The good thing is you can control the length of burn without having to guess how much you'll need.

The bad thing is if the hose ever pulls out or leaks while your using it, that could be trouble. There is also a big risk of the whole thing falling over if the hose some how got tugged on . If it can happen, you can be sure sooner or later it will to somebody .

Other than that, looks like you got a good couple hours of metal working into this thing, which makes $35 a bargin.

cybernugz
12-11-2012, 00:56
Thank you for the kind words....The stove does not continue to feed once primed squeeze the bottle to prime the stove then set the bottle down and the suction from the bottle pulls the fuel left in the line back into the bottle. if the stove was knocked over you just stand it back up and if for some crazy reason the hose were to come off which I doubt it would because the connection is a tight one but if it did there would only be a few drops of fuel at best in the line. If more fuel is needed while cooking you just repeat the same process as priming the stove.

Slo-go'en
12-11-2012, 02:26
So, does that mean you have a check valve in the nipple?

cybernugz
12-11-2012, 02:30
No no check valve no need for one. when you squeeze the fuel bottle then release it it creates suction excess fuel is then pulled back into the bottle.

cybernugz
12-11-2012, 02:32
there is carbon wick in the stove which captures the fuel and keeps it in the stove.

Slo-go'en
12-11-2012, 11:49
there is carbon wick in the stove which captures the fuel and keeps it in the stove.

Okay, that makes sense. So, there really isn't any need for the fuel bottle to be attached to the stove. I still think it's potentually dangerous having that set up. It's an accident waiting to happen on a crowded picnic table or shelter when 5 others are trying to cook at the same time.

I'd get rid of the nipple and tubing set up and just fill it from the top like other stoves. Maybe make it taller to hold more fuel if needed. Do that and make a stand for it and I'd buy one.

cybernugz
12-11-2012, 12:04
Its less dangerous then a pop can stove that if knocked over would spill fuel when knocked over ....

cybernugz
12-11-2012, 13:27
I could do a more indepth video showing exactly how the stove works and what happens if it is knocked over........I think it will give you a better idea of how the stove works and debunk this...Slo-go'en (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php?17852-Slo-go-en)....I still think it's potentually dangerous having that set up. It's an accident waiting to happen on a crowded picnic table or shelter when 5 others are trying to cook at the same time.

Rocket Jones
12-11-2012, 13:33
I get where he's coming from. Eventually, it *will* get knocked over, not *if*. That's just Murphy's hike. :D

Nice looking stove.

cybernugz
12-11-2012, 13:41
Thanks....I agree that things happen but if it gets knocked over no fuel comes out of it you just stand it back up. but as things do happen like you said if it was a cat can stove or any one like that then you will have problems as fuel spilt will then ignite like a fire ball .. going to do a video comparison maybe tonight. I appreciate all input.

Bags4266
12-11-2012, 13:42
I have to agree with other posts if there is no need for the fuel bottle after priming why have it hooked up. Get rid of the nipple and hose and provide a pot stand which should be a must. Cool milling on the stove.

cybernugz
12-11-2012, 13:50
The purpose of the bottle being attached is to be able to feed the stove when fuel is needed the stove itself holds a small amount of fuel..so it is needed If i were to make it larger remove the nipple and feed line then what I have is a heavier more common alcohol stove .