PDA

View Full Version : I need to know about super feet

Darwin13
12-11-2012, 14:06
I have high cut Moab Ventillators. I have flatter than normal feet. What would you use in my situation? What Color?

For those with flat feet what do you like to use?
For those with Moab ventilators, what do you like to use?

I know this is subjective but I don't wnat to buy an insole specifically tailored for something else.

Thanks

Don H
12-11-2012, 14:24
I have flat feet and use the black ones, they have the least arch.
Go to their website and research them. They are not something that you just stick in your shoes and walk 20 miles a day on.

soilman
12-11-2012, 17:05
I got mine at EMS in Manchester Center. They have ones you can try before you buy so you know what feels best for your feet. I have green and love them. Finished my thru with them and never had an issue.

Kevin A. Boyce
12-11-2012, 17:07
Stop by an Eastern Mountain Sports store, ask for a Footwear Gurunto help you... Most stores have green, blue, orange and berry to try out. My store in Scarsdale also has black and yellow... Stop on by and say hello and ask for myself.

Flounder940
12-11-2012, 17:28
I have low arches/flat feet too. I use the Superfeet Copper DMP ones and love them.

Old Grouse
12-11-2012, 17:43
Everyones' feet are different. I have the orange in my low-cut MMVs.

heritage412
12-11-2012, 17:54
i run in the superfeet green, after battling achilles issues for the past year, they have been the bomb. Running store pro's know feet, go there unless you want to pay for special orthotics

ATMountainTime
12-11-2012, 18:10
We have a place in Atlanta called RoadRunners. I just started running. I went the custom footbeds for running shoes and hiking boots. While i scoffed at the idea, they really have been amazing. Going to put them in ski boots this year too. I tested the beds in boots on Max Patch this weekend, my feet didn't hurt in the least. Ended up doing about 12 miles and my knee's didn't hurt, my ankles didn't nor my back. They were $80 there, but ill buy them for all my high impact sports.

Del Q
12-11-2012, 22:49
Love them but...............they did not work in my Salomon's for some reason. Love these trail shoes, nice, stiff, solid, good gear but had to use different inserts.

Weird.

slims
12-11-2012, 23:25
Can't comment on the flat feet bit. I've got a slightly above average arch, not low but not too high. I found the Green Superfeet were perfect for me. I did try the Blue ones as well but found the Green more to my liking. This is with MOAB Ventilators. I think the Copper ones are designed for people with lower arches. Best thing to do if possible would be to get someone at a gear or shoe shop to do all the necessary measurements on your feet to determine the best insole.

ParkRat09
12-12-2012, 21:18
Oh man I sell SO many of these at my store it's crazy haha! ALL of the colors provide the SAME amount of arch and heel support. So here goes....

Green - great for higher volume footwear like the boots you have
Blue - for lower volume footwear like running shoes
Orange - the equivalent of Blues except for cushioning underneath the balls of your feet for high impact stuff like running and hiking
Copper - Blues + memory foam along the whole foot bed. This wears down faster than the normal foam on Superfeet

There is also the option of custom Superfeet which cost about twice as much but they are custom molded to the exact shape of your feet and are the only superfeet that provide MORE support than all the others. In addition, all Superfeet have a 60 day money back guarnatee honored by the retailer if you're at all not satisfied. Hope this helps!

walknrow
12-13-2012, 00:51
Kinda what I thought PR. I used the Superfeet site to learn about their product, and got the impression the green would be most appropriate for a through with boots. The closest retailer happened to be a "running shoe" store - no hiking anything. The salesperson didn't seem to know much about using Superfeet for anything but running, and though I explained the intended use, handed me the Blue. I ended up going with what I thougt was best, which are the Green...got em', love em', no problem.

Unless you are shopping at an actual Hiking Store, and someone can help, might be best to go by what the Superfeet site suggests, or ol' PR! :D

Hairbear
12-13-2012, 06:23
i had a sales person try very hard to get me to buy a pair,but nothing he tried worked for me.i dont know why, i reall wanted them to be the answer.

TheYoungOne
12-13-2012, 10:14
For the longest time I used green superfeet after I got Plantar Fasciitis. The green ones are also recommended for waterproof boots because the heal is designed not not to dig into goretex lining. They last a long time but green superfeet lack in the cushion department. Everything is great with the arch and the shape, but standing too long or long distance hiking the soles of my feet will feel beaten. My podiatrist wanted me to switch off superfeet and try Redi-thodics Max (which cost about the same as superfeet and you can get online). These felt awesome but they were so thick that my shoes and boots felt too tight (and this includes my Merrell Moabs). Then as a goof I tried orange superfeet. For me they are a perfect combo of thin but good padding and support. I haven't hiked with them yet, and I'm not sure if they will last as well as the greens in a thru hike.

Like others have said I would go to an REI, or EMS and literally try them out. Don't be shy, both stores have superfeet out for customers to try.

RockDoc
12-17-2012, 21:53
I've used superfeet for about 6 years. Started with the green but have moved to the blue since the green are downright hard. I like the slightly softer footbeds. Use them in all my shoes, hiking, running, walking. Usually pitch the ones that come in the shoes originally.

Blissful
12-17-2012, 22:39
I use the blue. They take a little getting used to, but they work well. I have flatter feet.

Don H
12-18-2012, 08:35
I just got a pair of the copper ones, they have more cushion in them and are very comfortable. Just over $50 but well worth it.

slowfeet
12-19-2012, 20:38
Green ones if the soles of your shoes are thin... I think the green ones are the thickest/most dense.
I have flat feet and I think the green have the highest arches, which, I think is what someone with flat feet would need- to build up their arch.

I had the orange ones with trail runners and could feel all the sharp rocks/roots/etc.

Either way, I'd definitely get used to the superfeet before heading out. IIRC my feet were sore the first few days to a week.

Tinker
12-20-2012, 00:59
I had prescription orthotics in the '80s and '90s. I lost one of them on a move and tried Superfeet. They were fine until I found some inserts which came with a pair of Chaco boots that I bought about 8 years ago. When those wore out I went back to Superfeet. I had an unrelated foot problem and went to a podiatrist who suggested that I try Powerstep insoles. Much better than Superfeet.
I feel that the Superfeet arch support is too far back toward the heel. They say it's supposed to be that way and it's better for some reason.
I say it isn't.
I'll post the web address for the Powerstep insoles if I can find it.

Here: http://www.powersteps.com/consumer_products