PDA

View Full Version : Super bug infestation - swarm - strange sighting

greywolf1974
12-11-2012, 21:10
We were at a shelter in 2010 and of course we were all sitting around a campfire. Next thing you know there were bugs everywhere. It looked like maybe they were crawling out of a burning log, they do that sometimes. Well they weren't. They where everywhere. My tent was 50 yards away they where there too. In one square foot there were at least 30 - In Each and every square foot. In all directions. They looked similar to centipedes but more like millipedes, but didn't really look like baby millipedes. I've seen a swarm of Locust's while driving in a car that was so thick it gave you that dizzying feeling like driving in the snow. I've also seen Salmon run - upstream - in Oregon, kinda of a swarm thing. Of course bees.
So I know some insect, swarm.
Has anybody seen any swarms like that in nature? What was it? What did you see? what did I see?

rhjanes
12-11-2012, 23:35
crickets, millions, at a shopping mall. Attracted by the lights.
grasshoppers during a HOT dry texas summer. Actually, that happens every year.

Sasquatch, but I can't talk about it or they will come after me again......and they are not bugs anyway.

PD230SOI
12-12-2012, 03:44
lots of different flying insects hatch in very large swarms. Ask a fly fisher person and they should be able to tell you "war stories" of being on the rivers during the hatch.

Is it possible thats what you saw?

ShaneP
12-12-2012, 17:32
Did they have wings?

FarmerChef
12-12-2012, 17:45
what time of year was it? Which particular shelter or area were you in? Curious to know what these might have been.