PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Hanover, NH today- can anyone put me up for the night?

Bearboots
12-12-2012, 09:19
Hi there folks, new to White Blaze but not to the AT. I am going to continue my Southbound Thru-hike today, and I am taking the Dartmouth Coach to Hanover NH this afternoon. I will get in around 6:20 pm, and would really appreciate it if someone could take me in tonight so i don't have to set up camp in the dark at the wrong end of town. some phone numbers of places to stay would be useful as well! Any help would be appreciated!

thanks,

Bear Boots

GA->VA<-ME

RED-DOG
12-12-2012, 10:02
You can camp just past the soccer field as long as you 200 ft from the trail you should be good, i camped their a few times my self, and there also a Chieftain motor Inn 2.5 miles outside town, but thats about it. Also you can't expect people to open their homes to you just because your hiking the AT, I would never ask someone to do that. RED-DOG

Bearboots
12-12-2012, 10:10
that's my plan to camp there, but i just thought i would throw this out there and see if there was an alternative. I've had a lot of people help me out on the trail! I'm definitely not trying to sound like i'm dependent on them, but it would be nice to meet some new people. There are many friendly people in the AT community, which is one of the reasons it is such a great experience.

RED-DOG
12-12-2012, 12:32
To me its pretty damn selfish for someone to come on WB to ask people to open their homes to him only because he doesn't want to pitch his tent after dark, I can't even begin to tell you how many times i made camp after dark on my Thru-Hikes, Sure people open their homes to you while on the AT that's happened to me countless times but you can't go around and expecting people to do that. RED-DOG