PDA

View Full Version : Rei

fiveonomo
12-16-2012, 21:07
I was passing REI in Woodbridge VA today and decided to stop in. Glad I did, I got a REI Spruce Run Jacket for about $82.00 regularly $169.00. I really love this jacket!! I also picked up an MSR LED Tent Light, red....I am a fool for little gadgets. I like to read so this little light should come in handy and it is small and light. Can't wait to hit the trail!!

Wise Old Owl
12-16-2012, 21:20
Yes the clearance area is quite full this year. Its raining Christmas.

JaxHiker
12-16-2012, 21:21
Can't hardly wait for ours to open on March.

Sent from my SkyRaider Thunderbolt.

johnnybgood
12-16-2012, 21:24
The garage sale at the Richmond store is the 29th of this month so mark your calendar and get there early.

fiveonomo
12-16-2012, 21:29
Johnnybgood, I have been planning to make the sale, it is on my calendar. What time do people usually show up? This will be the first one I have been to. Right now i do not get off of work until 8 am and that is from down town Chester. Trying to decide if I should try to take the night off to get there early.

johnnybgood
12-16-2012, 22:09
Johnnybgood, I have been planning to make the sale, it is on my calendar. What time do people usually show up? This will be the first one I have been to. Right now i do not get off of work until 8 am and that is from down town Chester. Trying to decide if I should try to take the night off to get there early.
I wouldn't get there any later than 6 am. That's the time I got there back in August and still had 50-75 people ahead of me. With the December Garage sales you usually don't have the same turnout as you do warmer weather . If you're in the market for a tent or hammock they are fast to go and I'd get there even as early as 3am if you don't mind waiting for 5 hours .

fiveonomo
12-16-2012, 22:14
Thanks Johnny!

Drybones
12-17-2012, 09:57
The wife got a Marmot Venus down jacket at REI a while back for $65, they're now regular price of $195, wouldn't have been my choice of color but it still kept her warm in camp this w/e.

G-FOURce
12-17-2012, 11:09
I wouldn't get there any later than 6 am. That's the time I got there back in August and still had 50-75 people ahead of me. With the December Garage sales you usually don't have the same turnout as you do warmer weather . If you're in the market for a tent or hammock they are fast to go and I'd get there even as early as 3am if you don't mind waiting for 5 hours .

i have been to a few members-only sales at REI and have learned that the chaos just isn't for me. i can appreciate the concept, but the frenzied, everyone-else-be-damned approach that the shoppers seem to take is uncomfortable for me and i'd rather just hit online sales as they happen and i am content with that discount. i am also not a fan of standing in a LONG line in anticipation of chaos. i know some people love it, which i can appreciate, so good on ya if its for you b/c i know there are deals to be had there.

suum cuique pulchrum est, neh?

Drybones
12-17-2012, 11:16
i have been to a few members-only sales at REI and have learned that the chaos just isn't for me. i can appreciate the concept, but the frenzied, everyone-else-be-damned approach that the shoppers seem to take is uncomfortable for me and i'd rather just hit online sales as they happen and i am content with that discount. i am also not a fan of standing in a LONG line in anticipation of chaos. i know some people love it, which i can appreciate, so good on ya if its for you b/c i know there are deals to be had there.

suum cuique pulchrum est, neh?

Same here...not worth it.

fiveonomo
12-17-2012, 13:49
I am kind of on the fence, i don't know that it will be my thing either but I am gonna get the fist one out of the way, then I will know.

yellowsirocco
12-17-2012, 16:33
At least at the garage sales people are reasonably polite. I have never seen fighting or pepper spray which is common for Black Friday. Sure the shopping experience is not relaxed, but they are not having to call the police either. People don't try rush the line when the doors open either. Things are really quite well behaved. And I enjoy setting up early in the morning and hanging out because the other people in line are usually pretty nice to talk to as well.

zorobabel
12-17-2012, 17:28
I was annoyed at the last one I attended by the fact that the REI employees snatched items before they let the heard in. I was eyeing two BV450s that somehow dissapeared by 10am. I plan on that one remaining my last REI garage sale. You can sometimes find new stuff on sale cheaper than the beat up stuff they sell at the garage sales.