PDA

View Full Version : Gear Loft

fiveonomo
12-16-2012, 21:57
Anyone know what BA Gear Loft fits a BA Copper Spur UL2? The tent is an older one but it looks like the triangle one will work, anybody have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

grayfox
12-17-2012, 05:53
It probably will work. It is usually fairly easy to make any loft that has the right basic geometry workable. That said, am I the only one who finds it strange that people work hard to find a tent with enough headroom to sit up comfortably and then fill the headspace with a net full of junk? I usually just run a string between the loops meant for the loft so that I can hang up my glasses or dry my socks or hang my flashlight. It works better for me than trying to find the items that fall out of the loft when I run my head into it while I try to find my flipflops in the dark. My favorite tent gear storage method is the triangular 'pockets' sewn on the bottom corner of the tent wall. They are just big enough to keep things organized and don't get in the way of moving about in the tent. I would add such pockets to any tent that didn't have them before I would use a loft.

Hikes in Rain
12-17-2012, 13:43
I use the line, too. Very useful.

fiveonomo
12-17-2012, 13:46
Thanks everyone, the wall loft is the proper one for my tent. Everyone's different, but thanks for your thoughts.

mykl
12-18-2012, 11:05
I never used a gear loft until about 2 years ago. I purchased the North Face Square Gear Loft and never leave without it now. If will fit any tent with 4 loops and is very adjustable with sliders on the webbing. I can get it pretty tight on the ceiling of a tent and still have space to store stuff and not lose much head room. It also has 2 pockets and a little dip in the middle for either a light or small stuff. Cord around the perimeter is great for hanging stuff.
Keep in mind, gear lofts are not specific to brands. What matters more is if the tent has loops to attach it to.

atmilkman
12-18-2012, 18:07
Thanks everyone, the wall loft is the proper one for my tent. Everyone's different, but thanks for your thoughts.

You got it. The gear loft you want is the wall loft. Not the large wall loft. It attaches to the head end of the tent and stretches from wall to wall. It does not attach to the ceiling so it doesn't interfere with headroom.