PDA

View Full Version : Mic Rib

Mother Natures Son
12-17-2012, 16:25
Starting on Tuesday, (nationwide) Mic rib is back! Ok, how many out there hasn't craved something something like the Mic ribs on the trail? (or off the trail?) What does a hiker crave most on the trail?

Deadeye
12-17-2012, 17:55
I crave cold Coke, but I could go for a McRib anytime.

RodentWhisperer
12-17-2012, 19:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvPTxsvQ5AM

grateful 2
12-17-2012, 19:20
McRib - Are you sure you want to eat what is in it? According to an article from Chicago magazine, which cites a 1995 article by Mandigo (the creator of the McRib), "restructured meat product" (the McRib) contains a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, which is then mixed with salt and water.

Kinda hard to swallow if you think about it.

Starchild
12-17-2012, 19:29
I remember at one time the McRib used to taste very good. I do wonder if (and when) they changed the recipe from organic to inorganic materials.

ATMountainTime
12-17-2012, 19:58
McRib - Are you sure you want to eat what is in it? According to an article from Chicago magazine, which cites a 1995 article by Mandigo (the creator of the McRib), "restructured meat product" (the McRib) contains a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, which is then mixed with salt and water.

Same could be said about most food you get in the grocery store.

Wise Old Owl
12-17-2012, 19:59
The invention or better explained the science work to devise the Mc Donald Nugget happened many years ago to make a cheap product that tastes like chicken - from chicken by product in West Chester PA - today its a Medical Facility and much of the place was leveled.

In this age of Pink Slime when was anything cooked at Mc Donalds -Organic?

kayak karl
12-17-2012, 20:09
it's the McGrease that gives it it's flavor.

coolness
12-17-2012, 20:09
How about this?? :rolleyes:

http://alterednews.com/2011/11/mcrib-chemicals-found-in-gym-mats/

Tuckahoe
12-17-2012, 20:10
Regardless of whats in the Mcrib I always thought it was tasty especially if I allowed myself one or two a year. To have one now reminds me of pleasant childhood memories. The first time Ihad one was sometime in the early 80s at the McD on Shore Dr outside Little Creek Amphib Base.

atmilkman
12-17-2012, 20:16
it's the McGrease that gives it it's flavor.
If you eat a McRib you McDeserve what you McGet. The McS***s.

grateful 2
12-17-2012, 20:42
Read this article from yahoo.com about the McRib - made with plastics from yoga mats and hog innards. TASTY!!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/11-amazing-facts-about-the-mcdonald-s-mcrib-170212930.html

Wise Old Owl
12-17-2012, 20:53
If you eat a McRib you McDeserve what you McGet. The McS***s.

I could not say that better myself.... another smooth move from McDonalds...

HikerMom58
12-17-2012, 21:16
Read this article from yahoo.com about the McRib - made with plastics from yoga mats and hog innards. TASTY!!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/11-amazing-facts-about-the-mcdonald-s-mcrib-170212930.html

Ok... that's terrible. I couldn't watch the video. :eek:

swjohnsey
12-17-2012, 21:37
Pig scrotums and testicles, Yummm! Personally, I crave fried chicken.

Deadeye
12-17-2012, 21:44

Everything in moderation. I eat at McD's less than once a year, have a hot dog once or twice a year. Ground meat is always a crap shoot (no pun intended!) as to exactly what's in there, but lots of cultures eat all the animal. Parts is parts. Sausage, Haggus, Scrapple, head cheese, etc.

Pedaling Fool
12-17-2012, 21:52
Chocolate milkshakes...yummmm....

hikerboy57
12-17-2012, 21:54
Starting on Tuesday, (nationwide) Mic rib is back! Ok, how many out there hasn't craved something something like the Mic ribs on the trail? (or off the trail?) What does a hiker crave most on the trail?
double whopper with cheese.large chocolate shake then maybe some pizza

atmilkman
12-17-2012, 22:08
Everything in moderation. I eat at McD's less than once a year, have a hot dog once or twice a year. Ground meat is always a crap shoot (no pun intended!) as to exactly what's in there, but lots of cultures eat all the animal. Parts is parts. Sausage, Haggus, Scrapple, head cheese, etc.
Parts is parts. "It takes all kinds of critters...to make Farmer Vincents fritters". - Motel Hell (1980)

map man
12-17-2012, 22:30
The food I really crave on the trail is fried potatos -- home fries, french fries, hash browns, if it's a potato and it's fried, I want it. And I virtually never eat anything like that in normal life. I assume it's the magical combination of whatever fat it's fried in, salt, and the complex carbs, but who knows. The craving usually goes away within a couple days of when I quit hiking.

Odd Man Out
12-17-2012, 23:46
Anyone remember the Simpsons "Ribwich" episode? It's about a rib-like sandwich offered at Krusty's, but only available for a limited time only. Gee, I wonder where they got that idea? "We start with authentic, letter-graded meat, and process the hell out of it."

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Ribwich

SCRUB HIKER
12-18-2012, 02:09

I normally eat McDonald's 1-2 times a year, but when I was on the AT, I ate it 1-2 times every town stop.

My buddy Manks and I took down 50 McNuggets apiece in under an hour in Johnson City ... it was a challenge we'd made up in the woods a week or so earlier. The challenge also included a gallon of McD's Sweet Tea, but we each only put away about half of that in the hour.

OzJacko
12-18-2012, 05:47
I drink shakes from McD because I like all chocolate shakes.
I also eat their hash browns because essentially its massacred potato so what else could they do to it?
I eat nothing else from the golden arches. I am reliably informed that they are better in the states than in Oz - wouldn't be hard.
I do eat Burger King (called Hungry Jacks here so that figures:D) burgers.

When hiking I fluctuate between craving citrus fruit and grilled steak.

fredmugs
12-18-2012, 07:24
I don't crave specific foods. Beer on the other hand.....

kayak karl
12-18-2012, 07:48
2 fish fillet, fries and vanilla shake :) it's what i got when the kids went there.

daddytwosticks
12-18-2012, 08:16
I'm a Soylent Green fan myself. Good people, good food! :)

gizzy bear
12-18-2012, 11:40
im not so sure about the pseudo-meat shaped sammich... MOUNTAIN OYSTERS ANYONE????