PDA

View Full Version : Reflectix in NYC??

Darwin13
12-18-2012, 16:32
Is anyone from the NYC on this site? If so I was wondering if you would know where reflectix could be found. I've checked most if not all the hardware stores in the East/west village and no one carries it. There is no home depot walking distance away.

Anything?

Cookerhiker
12-18-2012, 16:38
Unless he's recently moved, Ender (one of the mods) lives in NYC. So does A-Train but I haven't seen him post in years.

Creek Dancer
12-18-2012, 16:59
Is anyone from the NYC on this site? If so I was wondering if you would know where reflectix could be found. I've checked most if not all the hardware stores in the East/west village and no one carries it. There is no home depot walking distance away.

Anything?

Are you making something? If so, and it's small, you can substitute reflectix with the material used in car windshield sunscreens. Not exactly the same stuff, but close enough for some projects. I have made several pot cozies with it.

Ender
12-18-2012, 17:00
Hey. Yep, still here in NYC.

I've never looked for it myself, so I don't know if it's there, but I'd give the Home Depot on 23rd st a call and see if they have it. They're usually pretty well stocked with stuff.

Actually, I think you can check in-store stock on the Home Depot website, you don't even have to call them.

Edit: if you're in the west village it's a fairly easy/fast walk there too... don't bother w/ the subway. If you're on the east side the walk is a bit longer.

Ender
12-18-2012, 17:04
What'cha making? Something fun?

Hosaphone
12-18-2012, 18:32
I've got a lifetime supply of it... If you can't find it anywhere, I can mail you a bunch for the cost of shipping.

Darwin13
12-18-2012, 19:36
wow ive lived in nyc for 4 years and i always forget about the damn home depot on 23rd. im an idiot. and for me im looking to make a nice pot cozy for my new imusa pot.

Silent Bob
12-18-2012, 21:58
There is a Home Depot on 59 st and 3rd avenue.

daddytwosticks
12-19-2012, 08:19
I second the idea about car windshield screens. That's all I've ever used for cozies and have always had success. :)

perrito
12-19-2012, 08:34
I couldn't find any in my local HD, but Lowes carried it in 3 different widths.

atraildreamer
12-19-2012, 12:01
Use a reusable shopping bag. The type with the reflective material on the inside and fabric on the outside. You can cut out the proper shape for the cozy and sew it together. The fabric acts as a potholder, and makes it easier to grip when wet. The inner foil material will keep your pot warm. You can make 3 or 4 cozies out of one bag. You can easily add some Velcro tabs so that you can add a cover to the cozy.