PDA

View Full Version : derating my photo gallery

neo
05-26-2005, 21:12
some has been giving anonymous ratings on my photos to lower rating
someone rated a picture of my wife hiking the trail 46 times in a few minute
at the same time 45 of those rating were 1 which translate to someone not liking my wife,i guess some people have nothing better to do:cool: neo

http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/7134/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

Pencil Pusher
05-26-2005, 21:19
Odd that it would happen to you, neo, you're such a normal person. Maybe this might be an issue to take up with either webmaster?

neo
05-26-2005, 21:38
Odd that it would happen to you, neo, you're such a normal person. Maybe this might be an issue to take up with either webmaster?
thank you pencil pusher.:cool: neo

Hammock Hanger
05-26-2005, 22:27
at the same time 45 of those rating were 1 which translate to someone not liking my wife,i guess some people have nothing better to do:cool: neo

http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/7134/sort/1/cat/500/page/1
She looks like a cutie to me... Sue/HH

neo
05-26-2005, 22:30
She looks like a cutie to me... Sue/HH
thank you for being so supportive sue,i been a little blue since someone made all those anonymous ratings like that.:cool: neo

Nightwalker
05-27-2005, 00:11
thank you for being so supportive sue,i been a little blue since someone made all those anonymous ratings like that.:cool: neo
Neo, there's idiots everywhere. Try not to sweat it. (I just upped the rating a little! :))

neo
05-27-2005, 00:14
Neo, there's idiots everywhere. Try not to sweat it. (I just upped the rating a little! :))
thanks for being a friend frank:cool: neo

neo
05-27-2005, 01:36
thanks attrol for deleting them 46 anonymous poor ratings someone left on my wifes picture:cool: neo

Stoker53
05-27-2005, 05:51
Possibly an adult w/ADD is off their meds. Anyone creating disjointed, rambling, or poorly formatted posts is a suspect.

I'm w/HH....she's cute and a hiker to boot. You're lucky!!

NICKTHEGREEK
05-27-2005, 06:10
I just gave the pitcture a 10. Chalk it up to a Memorial Day salute to PFC Jack McLay USMC, KIA on January 1 1969 near Da Nang RVN

VAMTNHIKER
05-27-2005, 07:16
Neo....

loved the wedding shots... both of you look very happy.... hope to meet the two of you on the trail!!

Congrats!!!:clap

peter_pan
05-27-2005, 08:58
Neo,

May you and your Hiking Princess live and hike happily ever after....This blessing rated 10... :)

Pan

dougmeredith
05-27-2005, 09:06
Neo,

Don't let the bastards get you down.

Doug

Rain Man
05-27-2005, 09:08
Neo, sorry to hear about someone repeatedly rating your Savage Gulf pic of your Honey a 1. I just gave it a 9.

Believe it or not, some anonymous person rated a pic of my daughter Grass a 1 last year! What a bozo. I decided to think of it as someone just clicking the wrong button. It happens. I'd rather think it was a mistake than to think it was just a low-down, mean, scummy, low-life creature who ought to be squashed like a bug. Wait, I don't usually squash bugs, so I guess they're higher on the scale than whoever does these things.
:dance
Did I mention it pissed me off too?! Don't let it get you down, Neo. It was an aberration, obviously.

Perhaps this might be an opportunity to discuss etiquette for photo ratings? Make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, that is? What do you think? I'd like to hear what guidelines other people use when rating photos, frankly.

Rain:sunMan

c.coyle
05-27-2005, 09:42
9.0 Good beat, and you can dance to it.

I had sort of the opposite happen to me once. I posted a comment about a picture, and the owner apparently didn't like it. So, he deleted the picture and re-posted it, wiping out my comment.

neo
05-27-2005, 09:49
Neo, sorry to hear about someone repeatedly rating your Savage Gulf pic of your Honey a 1. I just gave it a 9.

Believe it or not, some anonymous person rated a pic of my daughter Grass a 1 last year! What a bozo. I decided to think of it as someone just clicking the wrong button. It happens. I'd rather think it was a mistake than to think it was just a low-down, mean, scummy, low-life creature who ought to be squashed like a bug. Wait, I don't usually squash bugs, so I guess they're higher on the scale than whoever does these things.
Did I mention it pissed me off too?! Don't let it get you down, Neo. It was an aberration, obviously.

Perhaps this might be an opportunity to discuss etiquette for photo ratings? Make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, that is? What do you think? I'd like to hear what guidelines other people use when rating photos, frankly.

Rain:sunMan

thanks rain man,i cant understand why any body would pic on grass and give her a 1 either,:cool: neo

neo
05-27-2005, 09:54
thanks everybody for your friendship and support,attrol deleted 46 anonymous
1 ratings last night,i notice another 1 was on there shortly after he finished removing them,thank s every body:cool: neo

Pencil Pusher
05-27-2005, 09:56
Did I mention it pissed me off too?!
Reality check here. Your daughter gets tons of the highest ratings possible on multiple photos you posted, a photo of her is one of the most viewed photos on WB, and you're going to let a '1' rating by an anonymous person piss you off? Hello... McFly?

Oh and hey, funny read, coyle.

TN_Hiker
05-27-2005, 09:57
I'll help you out as well, Neo with my rating of a 9. There is just something about a lady in a backpack. The important thing is as long as you two are happy the hell w/ anyone else. I wouldn't fret too much about the a##hole, but it would tick me off as well.

Tramper Al
05-27-2005, 10:23
Believe it or not, some anonymous person rated a pic of my daughter Grass a 1 last year! What a bozo.
Rainman, I am unable to locate that ill-rated photo for the purpose of contributing an off-setting rating. Your photos are among my favorites, and Grasspicker obviously is an outstanding subject, as your daughter and uber-hiker.

c.coyle
05-27-2005, 10:33
Hey Neo. It just occurred to me that the low rating may really be a high rating after being run through a Laplace Transform. :-?

neo
05-27-2005, 10:55
Hey Neo. It just occurred to me that the low rating may really be a high rating after being run through a Laplace Transform. :-?
i cant remember using laplace transforms or fourier transforms to rate any hiking pics on white blaze lol:cool: neo

Lilred
05-27-2005, 16:39
She doesn't have an angry 'ex somewhere, does she??

RockyTrail
05-27-2005, 17:13
Hey Neo. It just occurred to me that the low rating may really be a high rating after being run through a Laplace Transform. :-?By gosh Coyle's right...if the "1" had been run through a Laplace transform, it would have had to originally start out as an impulse function, which has infinite height....hence it was not just a mere 10 rating, but actually an "infinite" rating! :sun

Happypappy
05-27-2005, 18:25

I guess some people just aren't happy unless they can abuse someone. Hey Neo, you found yourself not only a wife, but a hiking wife. You're a lucky man. All the best wishes on your marriage.

Ted

neo
05-27-2005, 18:50
I just gave the pitcture a 10. Chalk it up to a Memorial Day salute to PFC Jack McLay USMC, KIA on January 1 1969 near Da Nang RVN
thanks nick,i salute all our vets kia,i was in the usn 78-82:cool: neo

neo
05-27-2005, 18:52
She doesn't have an angry 'ex somewhere, does she??
no she does not,:cool: neo

bogey
05-28-2005, 10:18
I enjoy perusing the posted pix, but I don't leave a rating, because I know my own temperment and, like the umpire said, "it might have been a strike yesterday, and it might be a strike tomorrow, but today I saw a ball."

I just realize i'm inconsistent in my own degree of appreciation. so I just enjoy, and don't rate 'em.

Is there a benefit either way, other than bragging rights?

Veterans/Service members, thanks!

K0OPG
05-24-2006, 18:47
I know this post was from last year but I just had to comment.

My wife is an outdoors person, loves and can name more plants and trees than imaginable. She is not a playboy playmate but she loves me for who I am and I love her for who she is.

That's all that matters neo. Be proud that you have someone that loves you and loves hiking. The person that did it probably wasn't loved enough by his mother or something and has a piss-poor self image and felt like they had to make someone else feel badly. Screw 'um. Love her for all your worth and it is a wonderful thing.

USMC 1983-2003. OOHRAH veterans!!!

Gray Blazer
05-25-2006, 07:23
Cyber Bullies?? Cyber idiots!! Neo, you go on doing your thing. You know who your friends are! :cool:

Gray Blazer
05-25-2006, 11:15
Hey, what happened to the laplace thread?:cool: It was getting interesting. I guess it got too interesting if ya know what I mean.:rolleyes:

Go Vets, Go

neo
05-25-2006, 12:01
I know this post was from last year but I just had to comment.

My wife is an outdoors person, loves and can name more plants and trees than imaginable. She is not a playboy playmate but she loves me for who I am and I love her for who she is.

That's all that matters neo. Be proud that you have someone that loves you and loves hiking. The person that did it probably wasn't loved enough by his mother or something and has a piss-poor self image and felt like they had to make someone else feel badly. Screw 'um. Love her for all your worth and it is a wonderful thing.

USMC 1983-2003. OOHRAH veterans!!!

thanks bro.:cool: neo

USN 1978-1982
served on the USS TARAWA LHA-1

Amigi'sLastStand
05-29-2006, 16:01
The web is large and crazy place. It probably did not come from a regular member. Gosh, I been here like like a week and already feel like some folks are family and I don't even know them. Neo, I must say, you are one of em. Hope I run into you some day.

Oh, yeah, the low rating by anonynous user, F--- EM! Aint got the time for ppl like that. Life is too short, trust me. Hope someone pees in their Nalgene and tells em its lemonade.

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know."
Happy Memorial Day.
Chuck

Nightwalker
05-30-2006, 01:25
Actually, and kinda funny, but this thread probably caused an overall increase in yer gallery ratings.

Cool...

neo
05-30-2006, 08:35
The web is large and crazy place. It probably did not come from a regular member. Gosh, I been here like like a week and already feel like some folks are family and I don't even know them. Neo, I must say, you are one of em. Hope I run into you some day.

Oh, yeah, the low rating by anonynous user, F--- EM! Aint got the time for ppl like that. Life is too short, trust me. Hope someone pees in their Nalgene and tells em its lemonade.

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know."
Happy Memorial Day.
Chuck

thanks you made my day:cool: neo