1.chinese
2.mexican
3.pizza
4.cheese burger and vanillia milk shake
:cool: neo

Jaybird
05-27-2005, 05:15
my fave town food...usually PIZZA!

i can go for just about anything that doesnt move...but, since discovering PIZZA INNs....it's been PIZZA,....although the "PIG-OUT" @ ERWIN BURRITTO was EXCELLENT! :D

Lone Wolf
05-27-2005, 05:35
Beer and buffets.

Ford Prefect
05-27-2005, 07:57
Beer and buffets.
I'm with LW. Although I kind of consider the buffet part as optional.

Stoker53
05-27-2005, 08:40
tacos de carne asada, chips 'n salsa, rice and lots of beans with a gob of cheese on top and multiple ice cold Tecates

man that's larapin:banana

just don't sleep close to me for the next 24 hrs

Ender
05-27-2005, 09:11
I usually go with big fat juicy burgers and fries and beer, but Subway for some reason always calls to me, especially loaded up with all the special sauces. And Mexican food is great hiking food... heavy, greasy, yummy. And Chinese is good too because you don't get those flavors on the trail usually. And pizza... mmmmmmm... pizza. Well, I guess that's why I voted "Anything that doesn't move" :)

peter_pan
05-27-2005, 13:02
Pizza and beer.

Pan

neo
05-27-2005, 14:42
tacos de carne asada, chips 'n salsa, rice and lots of beans with a gob of cheese on top and multiple ice cold Tecates

just don't sleep close to me for the next 24 hrs

WHAT NO FAJITA,S,i gotta have fajita,s:cool: neo

Mags
05-27-2005, 15:16
Big, juicy burger. Big green salad. Beer.

mmmm...hapiness.

chris
05-27-2005, 15:54
Bacon double cheeseburger, cheese sticks, iced tea (in the south) or lemonade (north of VA), if I'm leaving town. If I'm staying, the same but with the drinks replaced by beer.

Incidently, Port Clinton wins the award for best burger the AT south of VT (as far as I've gone). Unbelievable size. It is the only thing capable of challenging the Jose burger on the Pines-to-Palms highway on the PCT.

Moxie00
05-27-2005, 21:00
Pizza, lots of carbs and filling. The day I hit Deleware Water Gap I checked in at the Church at The Mountain Hostel, went across the road and had a pizza, then took a walk to town and had 3 hot dogs,. At the bakery I oedered an apple pie and shared it with a couple of fellow thru hikers. While I was finishing my pie I saw a sign in the window of the diner next door that Prime Rib was on special so I went in and had a prime rib dinner. All this took place between lunch and the normal dinner hour but any thru hiker will understand, By the way, I left Springer at 217 and cllimbed Katahdin 6 months later at 157. I ate good in town, real good.
:banana :banana :banana :sun :sun :-? When I finish I craved a Turkey dinner with all the fixings, can't explain it-on the trail I craved pizza but as soon as I finished Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce--I would have killed for it.

plodder
05-28-2005, 03:38
They got red hot dogs in Deleware?

Jaybird
08-20-2005, 16:52
AYCE PIZZA, BURGERS, MEXICAN, VEGGIES, you name it..i'll EAT it when coming into a TRAIL TOWN!

of course, my problem is stopping...once i get home! hehehehehehehehe :D

TwoForty
08-20-2005, 21:22

just don't sleep close to me for the next 24 hrsYou need to try that new Mexican place near the Nissan dealer in M'boro. The most authentic carne asada I have ever had.

TOW
08-21-2005, 01:46
when i get to a town any type of food is game.....i have been known to walk into a restaurant and sit down at a just prviously occupied table with plates heaped with leftovers and ask the waitress to bring a clean plate so i can start munching on them goodies as i order something off the menu.....you know i don't ever recall any of them arguing with me....gosh the food we throw away in this country is unreal....

Jack Tarlin
08-21-2005, 12:46
Bourbon. Beer. Medium-rare steak. In that order.

MOWGLI
08-21-2005, 12:50
I really prefer pizza, but there are only a handful of places along the trail where a good slice is available. Maybe I'm just a pizza snob, seeing as I'm a lifelong New Yorker.

After that, a nice green salad and some FRESH fruit & veggies. One of my favorite memories was emerging out onto the road near Great Barrington, MA and finding fresh melons at the farmstand. Man, the juice runnin' down my chin, and the fresh melon melting in my mouth on a hot day in July. It's like it happened yesterday.

Footslogger
08-21-2005, 13:41
I used to fantasize about fried chicken a lot when I was on the AT. The few times I got into a town and I actually found it though I ended up with a raging case of the galloping skids. All in all though ...I still loved sinking my teeth into a bucket of fried chicken. It was worth the after effects.

'Slogger

Lone Wolf
08-21-2005, 14:09
One time I hitched into Front Royal, went to a big grocery and bought a whole cooked chicken and a box of bon bons. Sat out front and ate it all. It was 10:00am. Damn good eatin!

MOWGLI
08-21-2005, 14:15
One time I hitched into Front Royal, went to a big grocery and bought a whole cooked chicken and a box of bon bons. Sat out front and ate it all. It was 10:00am. Damn good eatin!

Which went first? The chicken or the bob bons? :D

Icicle
08-21-2005, 15:29
I voted for pizza buffet, but I really loved coming to town and finding big fat cheeseburgers. And not the McDonald's kind....the cafe' kind! :D

jackiebolen
08-21-2005, 20:47
The AYCE pizza made me feel sick the two times I had it. I think it was just the overdose of lactose that was hard on my system.

However, chinese buffets were where it was at. So, so greasy and so, so good.

Daddy Longlegs
08-21-2005, 21:02
BEER! with pizza or a nice burger

silvereagle
08-22-2005, 21:47
Is it just me or was beer mentioned quite a few times on this thread. So, in that case, what is your favorite BEER to have after a long days journey. I myself, like to indulge in a pint of Smithwicks or Guinness. If you can find 'em.

saimyoji
08-22-2005, 22:04
There is also a favorite beer thread, several if I recall.

But its worth mentioning again. Favorite beer after hiking: COLD.

justusryans
08-22-2005, 22:05
Guinness of course!

Skyline
08-22-2005, 22:16
I'll eat or drink almost anything on the list, but what I CRAVE are fresh fruits and vegetables, followed by lots of ginger ale with ice, then likely anything fattening or intoxicating.