PDA

View Full Version : Birthday + Christmas = Kifaru

TRU
12-22-2012, 15:36
As a kid growing up, I always hated having my birthday on December 23rd.

- Sometimes, my birthday and Christmas presents were all rolled into one.
- I hated receiving birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper.
- I never received any summer toys.
- We always traveled to visit family over the holiday, so it was tough to have a birthday party.

But now, having my birthday just two days before Christmas has allowed me to get a new Kifaru KU3700!!

That's a whole lot of money for bag with straps attached!! I was fortunate to have a little extra cash that coincided with my birthday and Christmas. I've got a set of bad knees and have also had some back trouble in the past. I know the KU3700 isn't the lightest around, but I was impressed with the suspension and figured I could use all the help I could get in that area.

I'm wondering what attached accessories people have found helpful with this bag. Long pockets? Water bottle holder? Pods? Pouches? Has anyone used a pack cover with this pack?

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!

TRU ...

Train Wreck
12-22-2012, 15:39
As a kid growing up, I always hated having my birthday on December 23rd.

- Sometimes, my birthday and Christmas presents were all rolled into one.
- I hated receiving birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper.
- I never received any summer toys.
- We always traveled to visit family over the holiday, so it was tough to have a birthday party.

But now, having my birthday just two days before Christmas has allowed me to get a new Kifaru KU3700!!

That's a whole lot of money for bag with straps attached!! I was fortunate to have a little extra cash that coincided with my birthday and Christmas. I've got a set of bad knees and have also had some back trouble in the past. I know the KU3700 isn't the lightest around, but I was impressed with the suspension and figured I could use all the help I could get in that area.

I'm wondering what attached accessories people have found helpful with this bag. Long pockets? Water bottle holder? Pods? Pouches? Has anyone used a pack cover with this pack?

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!

TRU ...

Kind of makes up for all the socks and underwear you prolly received over the years :)

TRU
12-22-2012, 17:41
Train Wreck - yeah, it kind of does!!

TRU ...

Train Wreck
12-22-2012, 17:59
Your title might make people think you're talking about some little-known ethnic holiday (I did) - you may want to change it if you want more responses :)
Merry Kifaru! :D

coach lou
12-22-2012, 20:01
I had the same situation with my birthday, sort of. My family would have this humoungus picnic for the 4th of July, not my birthday. It was all fine. Now I always go away, I have been 'Home' maybe 7 times in 30 yrs. But, where ever I go in the US it's a PARTY:jump

fiveonomo
12-22-2012, 21:59
I feel your pain dude, Dcember 26 here. At least we are here.

TRU
12-23-2012, 16:47
Train Wreck - might make sense, but I thought since there's not too many Kifaru packs out there, that anyone who has a Kifaru would recognize it.

coachlou - at least you may get presents in the summer :)

Fiveonomo - total bummer! Not even far enough away from Christmas to get the after Christmas sales. Happy Birthday a few days early!!

TRU ...

fiveonomo
12-23-2012, 21:55
Thanks TRU!