PDA

View Full Version : MSR - Now that's customer service!!

coolness
12-22-2012, 16:06
I recently posted my interest in finding an MSR Duralite Classic Cookset. I e-mailed Cascade Designs/MSR a few days ago and received a response yesterday. A company representative actually took the time to try and find a set of the discontinued cookware. He found enough to put together a Classic or Gourmet set. Now that's customer service!!

For $25, I bought the smaller pot, fry pan, lid, and handle. Didn't think I needed the bigger pot. The price would have been $35 for the whole set. I never thought they would have any remaining Duralite or Blacklite that was discontinued. The set I have coming is the Blacklite.

MSR will be getting more of my business!! :) I do have their Mugmate.

Rasty
12-22-2012, 16:23
Some companies just get it! :)

fiveonomo
12-22-2012, 21:43
What Rasty said!

saltysack
12-22-2012, 22:19
Great company for sure! They sponsored my 300 mile sup paddle up the st.johns river in march. Great people and products!

hal0ofwint3r
12-23-2012, 09:12
ha, if you would have posted here looking for a set, i would have gave you mine for free. never even used it yet, so it's pretty much brand new. but i can see anyone contacting them first. if anyone wants a set, i'll give it to them for free. i never use it and don't know why i even bought it. i'm a minimalist and that thing is like carrying the whole kitchen. haha. but MSR is a great company and has great customer service.

RETCW4
12-24-2012, 10:03
ha, if you would have posted here looking for a set, i would have gave you mine for free. never even used it yet, so it's pretty much brand new. but i can see anyone contacting them first. if anyone wants a set, i'll give it to them for free. i never use it and don't know why i even bought it. i'm a minimalist and that thing is like carrying the whole kitchen. haha. but MSR is a great company and has great customer service.

I like free. You can PM me if you wnat to get rid of the cookset.

Tumbleweed

Hikes in Rain
12-24-2012, 10:09
Gotta agree with MSR's customer service. I managed to melt down my old Whisperlite stove. (Gasket on the fuel bottle broke and shot a stream of pressurized gas right onto the stove, and I couldn't get it put out before the stove was destroyed. Local gear shop (Trail and Ski) reminded me of their lifetime warranty, and sure enough, a couple of weeks later I had a brand new Shaker Whisperlite stove, no questions asked. Only paid postage.

coolness
12-24-2012, 10:25
hal0ofwint3r - I did post about looking for the Duralite set; I guess you didn't see it..... Oh well, thanks for offering!! :)

LIhikers
12-24-2012, 16:43
My wife and I have a complete set of the Blacklite cookware we use when car camping.
It's a good product from an even better company.

double d
12-24-2012, 17:37
Thats a great story and MSR is a great company!

Kc Fiedler
12-25-2012, 00:11
MSR is great! They sent me the fuel hose wire for a Whipserlite Classic that I picked up at the NOLS spring yard sale. No charge! And they paid for the shipping. Great service. Great product.