PDA

View Full Version : Almost a "hicker"

Lost and Confused
12-23-2012, 09:52
Planning summer hike (May - Sept) from NC to wherever I get. Have some hiking experience, most short day hikes and 3-4 day primitive hikes. Send ur well thought out advice.

hikerboy57
12-23-2012, 09:58
Planning summer hike (May - Sept) from NC to wherever I get. Have some hiking experience, most short day hikes and 3-4 day primitive hikes. Send ur well thought out advice.
welcome to whiteblaze. theres a ton of great information available to you right on the home page . gear lists resupply etc.there are a lot of great people here to help, so if you have a specific question, ask away.
and if youre nuts have a look at the cyber cafe. you fit the profile.

JAK
12-23-2012, 10:24
None of my advice is all that well thought out, but I have repeated it enough that I am even starting to believe it myself. I too like 'primitive' hiking, if by primitive you mean cheap basic essentials with a bias towards making some of your own gear, trial and error, small wood burning hobo stoves, and clothing made from 'natural' fibers found by foraging through discount and used clothing stores, namely wool, polyester fleece, and lightweight nylon. :-)

attroll
12-27-2012, 02:17
Moved this thread/topic to the "General" forum.

kayak karl
12-27-2012, 10:08
advice :) don't let the advice from the "professional backpackers" suck the fun out of your hike!

Gray Blazer
12-27-2012, 18:26
advice :) don't let the advice from the "professional backpackers" suck the fun out of your hike!

Best post ever!

xokie
12-27-2012, 19:18
I used to be a "hicker" but then I moved from Tennessee to Massachusetts and became...well, something else.

atmilkman
12-27-2012, 19:23
I used to be a "hicker" but then I moved from Tennessee to Massachusetts and became...well, something else.
I'm a "hicker" and will always be a "hicker" in fact I'll be a hicken' up that thar AT come March. ps- you's still a "hicker" no matter where you move if uns you was born in Tenn.

HiKen2011
12-27-2012, 19:34
I'm a "hicker" and will always be a "hicker" in fact I'll be a hicken' up that thar AT come March. ps- you's still a "hicker" no matter where you move if uns you was born in Tenn.

lol..........