PDA

View Full Version : Nor'Easter!

Slo-go'en
12-27-2012, 13:51
Heavy snow blowing sideways from the East today here in the Whites. The trails up around tree line should be really filling in with snow with the 100 mph winds up there right now. I'll wait until the wind dies down tomorrow to clear my driveway - no sense doing it now with the strong wind blowing through the valley, drifting the snow.

Winter was a little slow to start, but now it's looking like it could be another good snow year. There will definately be enough for showshoes once this storm clears out. It will be cold, but nice weather this weekend and into New Years to play in the snow!

We'll have to wait and see what the next 3 months brings...

MDSection12
12-27-2012, 14:29
I'm going out for a wanna-be TipiWalter trip tomorrow since I heard a storm is coming through for Saturday... Planning to get snowed in (hopefully, forecast isn't calling for much but a weather geek friend is telling me they're gonna underestimate this one) at my favorite little shelter in MD. :D

TheYoungOne
12-27-2012, 14:34
Heavy snow blowing sideways from the East today here in the Whites. The trails up around tree line should be really filling in with snow with the 100 mph winds up there right now. I'll wait until the wind dies down tomorrow to clear my driveway - no sense doing it now with the strong wind blowing through the valley, drifting the snow.

Winter was a little slow to start, but now it's looking like it could be another good snow year. There will definately be enough for showshoes once this storm clears out. It will be cold, but nice weather this weekend and into New Years to play in the snow!

We'll have to wait and see what the next 3 months brings...

The same storm blew thru my area of Southeast PA yesterday. Mostly rain, but some sleet and light snow, but TONS of Wind. My Christmas Decorations took themselves down and were blown against the side of the house.

Watching the news this morning I seen nothing but a white blob, from Northern PA to Canada, From the Great lakes to New England, and the first thing I thought about was all the blown over trees on the trail, and that I was going to see more snow when I hike up MT Washington this summer. :)

Stay safe up there guys.

10-K
12-27-2012, 15:24
Keep it up there please.. I need the north GA mountains to stay clear for about 3 more weeks 'til I finish the Pinhoti....

Slo-go'en
12-27-2012, 15:34
Keep it up there please.. I need the north GA mountains to stay clear for about 3 more weeks 'til I finish the Pinhoti....

I'd like too, but this next storm Saturday looks to be tracking south of New England. Those starting thier thru in a few days or weeks might want to take thier time heading north. You might not want to get here too early in the spring this year...

tiptoe
12-27-2012, 17:12
just glop here in connecticut. we got maybe 3-4 inches of snow, followed by several hours of rain. very heavy to shovel.

HikerMom58
12-27-2012, 17:29
They are calling for a wintery mix on Saturday in Roanoke VA... we shall see!

Deadeye
12-27-2012, 21:25
16 inches in my front yard today, and more in the forecast!

JAK
12-27-2012, 22:30
Yeah we it too this time, started around noon. About a foot of snow and wind and now getting sleet and rain on top of that. Should be interesting driving to get the morning newspapers and then delivering my route on foot. Fortunately I don't work my day job until 10am this month. Not sure when I should go and get them, but I don't expect them to be on the dock much before 4am or 5am. I guess I'll aim for 5am.

Should be a good morning to test clothing. :-)

JAK
12-28-2012, 13:50
Yeah we it too this time, started around noon. About a foot of snow and wind and now getting sleet and rain on top of that. Should be interesting driving to get the morning newspapers and then delivering my route on foot. Fortunately I don't work my day job until 10am this month. Not sure when I should go and get them, but I don't expect them to be on the dock much before 4am or 5am. I guess I'll aim for 5am.

Should be a good morning to test clothing. :-)Uneventful morning, thanks for asking. ;-)
6-12 inches of snow but not too messy as it didn't turn into much rain if at all. Some postholing. Will try light trailrunners next time, with gaiters or ski socks. Noreaster coming Sunday, so maybe Monday AM will be more interesting. Nothing seriously cold yet. Nothing under 20F. Currently between 25-32F. Want to get out this weekend on skis, maybe up in CFB Gagetown.

TheYoungOne
12-28-2012, 15:31

Should be a good morning to test clothing. :-)

And I thought I was the only nut that did that. During Hurricane sandy I walked around outside to test my rain gear, and this weekend between the below freezing temps and possible snow, I'm going to be testing a few things as well.