PDA

View Full Version : My daughter took over my tent

fiveonomo
12-27-2012, 19:17
So I drug out some of my stuff I have been buying over the last few months. I have some money to spend at the REI garage sale Saturday so I want to see what exactly I am looking for, plus I just want to get out and use my gear......the inside of the house would have to do for the day.
i sat it all up and my daughter climbed in, zipped herself into the bag and said it was ssoooooo comfortable. She stayed there for about 30 minutes and almost went to sleep. I think it is time to buy her her own stuff. She said she wants to go camping and hiking with me so my efforts at the gear sale will be directed towards her Saturday.
I have to admit it is really comfortable, I can't wait to get out and use it all.

Wise Old Owl
12-27-2012, 20:52
Enjoy the moment ask her what she would like to do - at 15 my dad asked me to plan a trip to camp in England and we adjusted to what we wanted later. she probable has a few ideas already that are workable...

G-FOURce
12-27-2012, 21:01
great post, five! oh, and that's a good looking sleeping bag... :)

Papa D
12-27-2012, 21:21
Ha Ha - she looks like my kid (who loves to hike and camp) - - this is at Panthertown Valley near Cashiers NC - about a 1 mile hike in from a road, nice flat spot near a creek - perfect kid camp

fiveonomo
12-27-2012, 21:28
Yeah Wise she is growing to fast. This was the Christmas that she discovered there is no Santa Clause and it has broken my heart. I still believe in Santa at 42 and I think I have done a good job of explaining the Christmas spirit to her. It's like some of that innocence has been taken from her, I guess in actuality it has.
Thanks G-FOURce, yeah a guy I met on this forum hooked me up with that bag and gave me a hell of a price. I speak to him from time to time, the guy is always willing to help me out.....a really cool dude.
Nice Papa D!

Papa D
12-27-2012, 21:43
Thanks, yeah, at 7, Santa is still pretty important - she is savvy though and will figure the game out soon.

G-FOURce
12-27-2012, 23:20
hey, Five, hit me via text BEFORE you head to the garage sale. i have something en route that you might be interested in...