PDA

View Full Version : lafuma bags? or kelty lightyear 3D?

ishmael86
05-29-2005, 14:38
I'm looking for a good summer sleeping bag for as cheap as possible (being a grad. student does have its disadvantages) and as light as I can get it. I was wondering if anyone had experience with the lafuma GR or patrol light bags, specifically in Junior size. The GR Jr. comes in at 2 pounds 3 oz. and is rated to 33 degrees, and the Patrol light at 2 pounds even with a rating of 43 degrees. This is a little heavier than I'd like, but the kicker is both are available on the internet for under thirty bucks! I also found the Kelty Lightyear 45 degree synthetic bag for 40 dollars, which is okay too, and it's lighter than either one of the lafuma bags, but it sounds like it's huge, which would mean little ol' me would have to cut it down to make it fit warmly (saving even more on weight in the process, however, if I succeeded) whereas the kids' bags would definitely keep me warmer for a bit heavier and a bit cheaper.

So, I was wondering if anyone out there had a lafuma bag rated around 35-45 degrees and could let me know how it performed.

neo
05-29-2005, 18:19
i have a mountain hardwear 40 deg,bag from campmoor 69.99 1lb14oz
i love it,in the winter it converts to a 10 deg 2 person bag,with a function
design sweetie pie bag doubler 1lb 9oz at 99.99:cool: neo

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=38868965&memberId=12500226

http://www.functionaldesign.net/index.html

A-Train
05-30-2005, 19:01
I just bought a LaFuma summer bag, rated 40-50 degreese F. Couldn't go wrong with the price (99 bucks) since I'm a poor college student. Weights only 21 ounces. Tried it the other night in a tent up at Backpacker Campsite in Jersey and almost froze my tail off with tons of clothes on. Temps I have to guess were in the high 30's, low 40's. Have to say I was a bit dissapointed, but I guess you get what you pay for.

This bag will be dynamite come this summer when the temps are 60-80 at night, but last night I switched back to my 20 degree bag