PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year WB!

Stink Bug
12-31-2012, 22:10
My grandad wouldn't make resolutions, instead he had a tradition. If you really wanted to so something in the new year, then you had to do it on New Years Eve.

So 2013 is the year I've been waiting for; since college: since university; since leaving the Air Force since moving to the US and April of 2013 I'm driving to Georgia and I'm hiking to Maine ;)

How does my New Year's Eve plans figure in to that? Glad you asked! My girlfriend and I drove to Pen Mar and hiked the 8 miles or so to Old Forge and we're staying at the shelter tonight. Have a nice fire and some wine and we'll see in 2013 from the AT!

So Happy New Year to you all. I hope the best of 2012 is the worst of 2013. Cheers!

Papa D
12-31-2012, 22:17
My grandad wouldn't make resolutions, instead he had a tradition. If you really wanted to so something in the new year, then you had to do it on New Years Eve.

So 2013 is the year I've been waiting for; since college: since university; since leaving the Air Force since moving to the US and April of 2013 I'm driving to Georgia and I'm hiking to Maine ;)

How does my New Year's Eve plans figure in to that? Glad you asked! My girlfriend and I drove to Pen Mar and hiked the 8 miles or so to Old Forge and we're staying at the shelter tonight. Have a nice fire and some wine and we'll see in 2013 from the AT!

So Happy New Year to you all. I hope the best of 2012 is the worst of 2013. Cheers!

Good for you! Happy New Year and Thanks for the post! I wish I could thru again this year. I do plan to be on the this trail and others for several week-long hikes. My 'big hike" this summer will probably take me south from Katahdin to Pinkham Notch, NH where I left off in late July of "this" year - - just over 300 miles. Cheers!

canoe
12-31-2012, 22:31
Happy New Year

Rasty
12-31-2012, 22:33
Happy New Year. Good luck on your thru. I got two or three more weeks before Mountain time comes for me.

johnnybgood
01-01-2013, 01:05
HAPPY NEW YEAR !! MAy YoUr NeW YEaR bE HEaLtHy AnD PRoSpErOuS .

TroutknuT
01-01-2013, 01:12
Happy new year and happy trails.

Sarcasm the elf
01-01-2013, 03:09

Best of luck in all of your endeavors! May the worst of 2013 be better than the best of 2012!!!

Maddog
01-01-2013, 08:50
Happy New Year! Maddog:D

T-Rx
01-01-2013, 10:20
Happy New Year and happy trails!