PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the CCP question thread?

canoe
01-01-2013, 23:00
Lot of good discussion on this topic. What happened to the thread? Checked my post history and there is no record that I posted on it

Tipi Walter
01-01-2013, 23:24
People will give various reasons why the thread was dumped with keywords like "trolling" or "baiting" used to justify their attempts to end a discussion. We had a recent neato discussion on burning trash in firepits which was interesting and in no way offensive and actually had some substance but of course it was Frozen to Death when someone decided it lacked merit. And yet the Hikerboys cyber cafe has over 12,000 replies and is allowed to live and go on and on and on for some unknown reason. Welcome to the world of Wacky Whiteblaze.

hikerboy57
01-01-2013, 23:33
People will give various reasons why the thread was dumped with keywords like "trolling" or "baiting" used to justify their attempts to end a discussion. We had a recent neato discussion on burning trash in firepits which was interesting and in no way offensive and actually had some substance but of course it was Frozen to Death when someone decided it lacked merit. And yet the Hikerboys cyber cafe has over 12,000 replies and is allowed to live and go on and on and on for some unknown reason. Welcome to the world of Wacky Whiteblaze.
yknow walter i have to agree . it was a good discussion regardless of whether it was a troll or not. more time was spent chasing down that road instead of the actual thread, and i think thats what got it shut down.who cares who asked the question if it leads to a legitimate discussion

canoe
01-01-2013, 23:35
.....hhhmmmmm.

canoe
01-01-2013, 23:38
Trash tread is still up.

Tipi Walter
01-01-2013, 23:48
yknow walter i have to agree . it was a good discussion regardless of whether it was a troll or not. more time was spent chasing down that road instead of the actual thread, and i think thats what got it shut down.who cares who asked the question if it leads to a legitimate discussion

Not to pick on your thread but what with the Observers hovering and lurking nearby to pull the plug, surely they would've found something to shut yours down after 626 pages? After 12,500 replies there wasn't one Troll or Offense suitable to alert the mods? Let's comb thru it and maybe we'll find something negatory on page 400 etc absurdium. And that's the point---Why develop a halfway coherent thread discussion only to have it dumped and locked? What's the point then of even participating here?

Alligator
01-01-2013, 23:49
We do not reward trolls by keeping their threads open.