PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a power stretch fleece!

bladefreak
05-29-2005, 23:53
I've had a marmot powerstretch fleece for years that I loved, used it all the time. Well, somehow it was misplaced or stolen or something and I no longer know where it is. I checked the obvious online vendors and couldn't find it there so I checked on marmot's site and was dismayed to find that they no longer make it. I started looking for similar items, and I found a mountain hardware version on altrec, but it's a "special order" item that might not ship for 3 weeks and I need it sooner than that. I'm at a loss for why this should be so hard to find, as I thought it was indespensable. Any help you can offer concerning where to get a power-stretch fleece under $100 and about 10oz would be great. Thx in advance.

neo
05-30-2005, 00:12
what is power strecth fleece,i have never heard of it:cool: neo

bladefreak
05-30-2005, 00:35
I guess the stuffs not as common as I thought. Powerstretch is a fleece material that is a soft, fuzzy insulating layer on the inside and has a flat-knit, more wind/rain resistant surface than normal 100-weight fleece. Because it's stretchy it allows a full range of movement and hugs the skin a bit like thermal underwear. And because it's smooth on the outside rain shells and other layers slide over it effortlessly.

I just found the mountain hardware one at some obscure (I've never heard of it) retailer called OuTek. Finally!

fiddlehead
05-30-2005, 01:29
You could always search for the material (Quest in Florida or OWF in Idaho sell powerstretch) and make your own. Just copy an exsisting vest you like. If you can't sew, go find a seamstress and you can probably get what you want for a fraction of the cost.

plodder
05-30-2005, 01:48
Cabela's. Same section of book as lomg underwear, give or take a few pages. Now if they only made it with long sleeved tall sizing. whine.

verber
05-30-2005, 10:12
You are looking in the wrong season. In the early fall it's pretty easy to find powerstretch. It's very popular for cool/cold weather climbers, skiers, etc. REI sells their in house brand. You can often find Medalist brand powerstretch (with x-static treatment which I recommend) in generic sports / outdoor stores.

--mark