PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about these Boots?

starbright
01-03-2013, 05:39
I've been looking at a pair of Keen Glarus Hiking Boots and would like to have advice about them. Or a recomendation for some other kind of shoe for the AT. I bought a pair of shoes but they are already having problems with the laces and soles. So please need advice. Trying to keep them under 100.00 if possible. Thanks

SunnyWalker
02-23-2013, 18:08
Looks like its been awhile since you posted, buy Keen hiking shoes/boots IMO are a real good brand. Bought my first pair at Walaysi Crossing.

02-23-2013, 18:19
I will say without a doubt the best fitting pair of boots I ever owned. The down side is the foot bed keeps coming unglued, even the lugs on the sole keep coming unglued, I have tried several types of glue and nothing will hold. I am tough on boots being 250lbs with a 35lb pack. I bet the same glue holds kids shoes.

The Gambler
02-23-2013, 18:28
my daughter and i both used salomon xa 3d pro's on our sobo thru...love them..neither of us had any foot issues....we both wore the low cut version but if you want a boot height they make the same model in one...good luck on your hike

The Gambler
02-23-2013, 18:33
starbright did you get your tent situation resolved?

starbright
03-04-2013, 22:43
Yes got the tents situated thank you for asking.

SpeedHiker
03-13-2013, 20:15
I've been looking at a pair of Keen Glarus Hiking Boots and would like to have advice about them. Or a recomendation for some other kind of shoe for the AT. I bought a pair of shoes but they are already having problems with the laces and soles. So please need advice. Trying to keep them under 100.00 if possible. Thanks

Hey, you may be interested in a pair of Zamberlan Crossers - the boot just received the 2013 Backpacker Magazine Editors' Choice award. I'm the sales manager for Zamberlan and looking to find a couple of AT through-hikers that we can sponsor. We'd offer you our pro deal - which is 45% off retail and you can provide us feedback on the shoe. In women's styles I currently only have the 130's low-cut version. Let me know - Martin (646) 226-2844