PDA

View Full Version : MSR Dromlite bags... smells~~

ncmtns
05-30-2005, 18:15
I cant get rid of the staleness out from the inside of this bag. The water picks up the odor. Ive used bleach, baking soda, vinegar. Its an old bag. Do you suppose it out lived its usefulness?

kncats
05-30-2005, 18:38
If baking soda didn't get the odor out then it's probably not coming out. The newer dromedary bags are marginally lighter than the older ones, maybe it's a good excuse to get some new gear?

bladefreak
05-30-2005, 19:22
Before giving up I would try denture cleaner tabs. Dump a bunch in and let it foam up. Those things are pretty powerful and it might just do the trick. It's what I used for my platapus and it worked pretty well.

Toolshed
05-30-2005, 19:24
If it was the real old ones from the early 90's ( I think I got mine around 90-91), MSR did a recall, you cut the old bag in half and send it in for a replacement - I had 2 replaced back around 97-98. The news ones they sent are much lighter, but I also have always had a bit of an odor with them, though I haven't used them in a few years now. I used to just ignore it.
Might be worth giving MSR a call

ncmtns
06-01-2005, 15:48
Just an update.. I took your advise and contacted Cascade Designs who apparently owns MSR. They are going to replace my bag for free! Thanx alot for your tip!

If it was the real old ones from the early 90's ( I think I got mine around 90-91), MSR did a recall, you cut the old bag in half and send it in for a replacement - I had 2 replaced back around 97-98. The news ones they sent are much lighter, but I also have always had a bit of an odor with them, though I haven't used them in a few years now. I used to just ignore it.
Might be worth giving MSR a call

sliderule
06-02-2005, 19:15
Cascade Designs/MSR had a "crew" at Trail Days in Damascus. From what I saw there, they really stand behind their products. They were overhauling stoves, fixing Thermarests, etc., all at no charge. So I would recommend calling them if you have a problem with any of their products. 800-505-9500 or consumer@cascadedesigns.com. Or 800-531-9351.