PDA

View Full Version : Pacer Poles As Shelter Support

Rocket Jones
01-03-2013, 19:35
I love my Pacer Poles, they're the most comfortable thing going if you use poles. The issue is that because of their angled handles, they're less than solid when using them as shelter poles for a tarp or a tent such as the Notch.

Anyone come up with a way to reliably use Pacer Poles as shelter supports?

Wise Old Owl
01-03-2013, 19:52
Yea pass the guy thru the small cord loops on the bottom of the handle.

Rocket Jones
01-03-2013, 21:08
You mean with the handle up and the point down? That makes sense, but what about for tents like the Notch where you need the pole to be point up?

Glogg
01-04-2013, 23:16
I had no trouble using them with my Notch last year. The pole pointed up, the handle was down, and it worked fine for me. Tensioned it up and it was nice and solid. Occasionally I had to brush some dirt out of the little hole for the camera mount.

Rocket Jones
01-05-2013, 09:31
I had no trouble using them with my Notch last year. The pole pointed up, the handle was down, and it worked fine for me. Tensioned it up and it was nice and solid. Occasionally I had to brush some dirt out of the little hole for the camera mount.

Awesome. Thanks! The Notch just moved to the top of my shelter wish-list.

Lyle
01-05-2013, 10:59
I use them for most of my shelters. Work great for my Wild Oasis, handle up. Actually spreads the stress out better. For The One, I use it handle down. A little fiddle factor due to the "stirrup" that The One uses, but works well with a little practice. No problem at all for my Shangri la - 2 or for a typical tarp, I see no difference from a conventional pole. Not familiar with the Notch, but I'm certain, with a little practice at home, you could find a way. I never had problems with the handle being down, just add a little extra tension to the guy-lines, and it's always held fine.

Don't let this concern influence your choice. The benefits FAR OUTWEIGH any minor fiddle factor.