PDA

View Full Version : Pedicure blisters?

poopsy
01-04-2013, 09:22
Hi,

I am a man and this isn't a troll but not many men have pedicures so I'm asking the question here.

I have recently started getting blisters on my feet where I have never had them before. All I can think of is that we went for a high-end family "mani-pedi" after Christmas and she may have taken too much off the bottoms of my feet. Is this possible? I thought the idea was to take off the overgrown dead callous to ensure skin flexibility and not rasp me down to nothing.

I've never had this problem after a pedicure before but then again Ive never had a pedicure when I've been walking twenty miles/day before. If pedicures can cause blisters, then what now? Start over and build my feet up again from scratch?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Poopsy

HikerMom58
01-04-2013, 09:41
*Ouch* I have never heard of that happening before. Hummm.....I wonder if the place where you got the pedicure would know anything about this problem.

Nutbrown
01-04-2013, 09:46
Have you changed your shoes? My friend got blisters in the center of the ball of her foot, weird... turned out that her feet had grown out of her tried and true hiking shoes. Pregnancy was the culprit. Get your feet sized by a good shoe sales place and make sure you are the correct size for the shoes.

Otherwise, maybe the pedi made a difference. I never let them pull the blade on my feet. Freaks me out and I would expect that removing the callouses could lead to blisters.

Good luck.