PDA

View Full Version : help

wolf
05-30-2005, 20:12
im doing a hike from mass.rt2 to bear mnt lodge ,how can i get from the lodge to mass rt2?????????? :confused:

stupe
05-30-2005, 21:02
Do you mean the Bear Mountain Inn, in NY? If so, you can take a bus (Shortline Bus stops right in front of the Bear Mtn. Inn, twice a day) to Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC and then get a bus from there to Mass. Here's the link to Port Authority, http://www.ny.com/transportation/port_authority.html
They list links to web sites for lots of different bus companys, and their schedules. I think Bonanza goes to Massachusetts. I don't know if there is any more direct way to go.

Hammock Hanger
05-31-2005, 07:20
If a bus comes by Bear Mt everyday then you most likely can get back to MA Rt 2 that way. I used the bus system up there a lot in 2002. To see if there is service go to the Greyhound web page and put in the start and ending destinations, it will let you know if there is service and what time of day. Sue/HH

Smile
05-31-2005, 08:38
You can also check out the Berkshire Bus system, I used that several times last year on a hike from CT through MA, pretty much on time too.

A-Train
05-31-2005, 10:38
I know there is public transpo to be in had in Peekskill New York, which is not far from the Bear Mtn Inn and has lots of services.

Be aware that the Bear Mtn Inn is closed until 2006 for renovations. You might wanna find a different location to end/start your hike. Good luck