PDA

View Full Version : Ryder

TOW
01-06-2013, 22:22
anyone know of a supposed thru hiker that goes by Ryder?

HikerMom58
01-06-2013, 22:26
I meet one hiker by that name in 2010....what's up?

TOW
01-06-2013, 22:30
I hate putting crap on someone but I feel folks should be warned of this cat. He stayed with me back at the start of december and I had a bad experience with him and then he leaves and heads to Uncle Johnny's and rips them off for a weeks stay. I have been told by a couple of thru hikers recently that he either ripped off a hostel north of here or another thru hiker....

HikerMom58
01-06-2013, 22:36
Hum... not too surprised to hear u say that if it's the same hiker I met by that name. What is his story? His plans? I hope he doesn't go to Woods Hole Hostel next!! They should be notified, don't u think?

TOW
01-06-2013, 22:39
This is a start, but yes someone or I should get a hold of them......Hot Springs has been warned already....

HikerMom58
01-06-2013, 22:47
This is a start, but yes someone or I should get a hold of them......Hot Springs has been warned already....

Maybe u should since you had dealings with him. You could shoot Woods Hole a FB message. Are u friends with them on FB?

I bet he's the same hiker I met... I racking my brain trying remember where he said he was from....

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with him, yourself. :(

TOW
01-06-2013, 23:07
think he is from pennsylvania...... i usually get photos of all hikers when they are here but he did not want his taken when i first met him. hopefully he is off of the trail because i confronted him when he showed back here afte having stayed at uncle johnny's but i was told recently that someone saw him on the trail north of here. he is 5'10" medium build about 175 lbs light skinned soft hands no scars that i noticed. you would think being a theif he would have a few scars on his face from getting smacked a couple of times....

HikerMom58
01-06-2013, 23:13
think he is from pennsylvania...... i usually get photos of all hikers when they are here but he did not want his taken when i first met him. hopefully he is off of the trail because i confronted him when he showed back here afte having stayed at uncle johnny's but i was told recently that someone saw him on the trail north of here. he is 5'10" medium build about 175 lbs light skinned soft hands no scars that i noticed. you would think being a theif he would have a few scars on his face from getting smacked a couple of times....

Ok... might be different guy then... well, it doesn't really matter at this point. Just need to make sure he doesn't keep ripping people off.

TOW
01-06-2013, 23:19
i posted on woods hole timeline....plus all the pages of the trail on fb

HikerMom58
01-06-2013, 23:25
i posted on woods hole timeline....plus all the pages of the trail on fb

Awesome... you did your part, then.

There was a guy that was at Woods Hole ripping them off in 2010, so they got right on it - got the word out up the trail to all the other hostels. :)