PDA

View Full Version : BIG BOY hangers

canoe
01-06-2013, 22:44
Are there any big boy hangers? How much weight can a hammock hold without stressing it. I just cant get comfortable on the ground, therefore I cant get good sleep. I thought one of the reasons I could not sleep well on the trail is because of being in a differant unsecured environment. That still might have something to do with it. So this weekend I got my gear out and tried to sleep with a bag and a pad indoors. Could not for the life of me get comfortable thus a poor nights sleep. Ive been hearing good things from hangers. I thought I might give it a try

leaftye
01-06-2013, 22:55
I believe most backpacking hammocks come with weight ratings.

leaftye
01-06-2013, 23:05
Here's the weight limits for Warbonnet hammocks. Other sites didn't make it so easy.
http://i.imgur.com/n9Vp0.png

canoe
01-06-2013, 23:08
THanks leaftye. I had no idea there was such a thing. I am just now begining to entertain the idea of hanging. Thank you

Likeapuma
01-07-2013, 13:06
I'm in the same boat as you! As a big guy with past back issues, sleeping on the ground leaves me worthless the next day. Thankfully, Warbonnet actually makes it easy to determine what works but I still worry about slings/straps & such. I'm saving right now, hoping to purchase a Blackbird 1.9 in the near future

gunner76
01-07-2013, 22:50
Check out Hammockforums.net.

I am 6ft2 and weight 280lbs and use a BB 1.7 double. Used it on the AT this summer. Very easy to set up. I know a couple of 400 lb hangers who use BB's