PDA

View Full Version : my hike

sailorman50
01-07-2013, 12:03
Hey everyone I just want to take this moment to tell you all about what im doing this summer on the trail. I will not have enough time to thru hike because of when my college graduation is and when my grad school classes start. So I have decided to do a section hike with a very specific goal. I am starting at Bear Mountain in Harriman state in New York and I will be hiking south to Roanoke VA for Floyd Festival in late July. It is a blue grass concert, check it out online. My friends are picking me up so I will probably hike a little south of the location.

I am telling you all this for two reasons.
1. I want to brag because I think this is awesome, I will be walking to a festival.
2. If someone wants to join me on this hike that would be great just let me know. We don't have to start together, we can meet on the trail.

Thanks for listening!!!

Lone Wolf
01-07-2013, 12:07
i wouldn't call it a bluegrass festival

http://lineup.floydfest.com/

Astro
01-07-2013, 12:16
i wouldn't call it a bluegrass festival

http://lineup.floydfest.com/

Pictures sure did not look like Scruggs & Flat, Bill Monroe, Osborne Brothers, Stanley Brothers, etc.. If it is Bluegrass, it definetely is not "my Daddy's Bluegrass".

gizzy bear
01-07-2013, 16:03
Pictures sure did not look like Scruggs & Flat, Bill Monroe, Osborne Brothers, Stanley Brothers, etc.. If it is Bluegrass, it definetely is not "my Daddy's Bluegrass".

you say 2maytoe... i say 2motoe... steal thunder much ?! :rolleyes: don't take after LW ... he is mr grumpy pants ;) (but he is smart :D )

Astro
01-07-2013, 16:11
you say 2maytoe... i say 2motoe... steal thunder much ?! :rolleyes: don't take after LW ... he is mr grumpy pants ;) (but he is smart :D )

Hey I am not saying it is not Bluegrass, just that they do not look like what I grew up with in the 60s and 70s. ;)
Probably just me getting old. :(

gizzy bear
01-07-2013, 17:39
Hey I am not saying it is not Bluegrass, just that they do not look like what I grew up with in the 60s and 70s. ;)

unfortunately...NOTHING is what is used to be :/

gizzy bear
01-07-2013, 17:41

getting old....SUCKS!!! but it beats the alternative :D

S'more
01-07-2013, 17:43

Probably getting old. Merlefest is cool too. http://www.merlefest.org

S'more
01-07-2013, 17:44
getting old....SUCKS!!! but it beats the alternative :D

AMEN! Sister. :D

HikerMom58
01-07-2013, 18:40
Hey everyone I just want to take this moment to tell you all about what im doing this summer on the trail. I will not have enough time to thru hike because of when my college graduation is and when my grad school classes start. So I have decided to do a section hike with a very specific goal. I am starting at Bear Mountain in Harriman state in New York and I will be hiking south to Roanoke VA for Floyd Festival in late July. It is a blue grass concert, check it out online. My friends are picking me up so I will probably hike a little south of the location.

I am telling you all this for two reasons.
1. I want to brag because I think this is awesome, I will be walking to a festival.
2. If someone wants to join me on this hike that would be great just let me know. We don't have to start together, we can meet on the trail.

Thanks for listening!!!

Well, u can just brag away, I think it's pretty awesome 2.
Floyd Fest is pretty big in the area.. I've never been but I'm not 22 like u. :) I might run into u on the trail near Roanoke. :)

Daleville actually is a good "meet up" place but I would try to get another 20 miles down the trail so you won't miss Tinker Cliffs or McAfee Knob. Rt. 311 is a good place to get picked up 2. If it's on a Thurs, Fri, or Sat. night then, you should eat at the Homeplace. (2 miles away) The best all you can eat food on the trail. Booyah!!

Good Luck with ur hike sailorman50 - Maybe I'll see ya!

Another Kevin
01-07-2013, 21:46

Then again, it never was. :D