PDA

View Full Version : Where to sale used gear

Drybones
01-07-2013, 20:38
I either must expand my basement or sale some gear in the near future, dont really want to hassle with selling via mail, I've heard there's an annual flee market for hiking gear in Chattanooga, does anyone know the details and when this takes place? Also, do people sell gear at the annual Trial Day in Damascus?

WalksInDark
01-07-2013, 21:50
Give this place a try: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?69-Selling-Used-Gear

ParkRat09
01-08-2013, 00:00
I either must expand my basement or sale some gear in the near future, dont really want to hassle with selling via mail, I've heard there's an annual flee market for hiking gear in Chattanooga, does anyone know the details and when this takes place? Also, do people sell gear at the annual Trial Day in Damascus?

Hey I actually live in Chattanooga...there is an incredible annual event for selling used gear that I believe happened a few months before winter. I am not sure when there will be another one. There is a place in town here called Four Bridges that I think sells and buys used gear. I work at a gear shop here in town and I refer people to that store sometimes. I've met the owner/founder of the store rock climbing and she's super cool.

nastynate
01-08-2013, 13:30
There is a swap meet at Coolidge park in early spring. Four Bridges Outfitters on North Market next to Gordon's Cleaners does consignment on a 60/40 split. I've got some kayaking gear for sale there myself. There is another consignment shop on Cherokee Blvd called the Gear Closet. It's south of the tunnel before you get to Red Bank.
Or you can list what you have here on the sale forum...