PDA

View Full Version : Water bottle solution for Osprey Aether 70?

rbgarcia
01-08-2013, 22:06
I'm looking for something to hold a 1L water bottle either on the hip belt of my pack or connected to the shoulder straps somehow. I saw that Osprey makes the Aqua Stow but I'd like something a bit cheaper if possible. Thanks.

jj2044
01-08-2013, 22:13
why dont you put it in the pockets on the sides ? you should be able to reach, i could on my 85,... and are you talking like a water bottle from the store or a Nalgene type ?

Ironbelly
01-08-2013, 22:14
Why not just put them in the side pockets on the bottom of the pack? Works fine on my aether 70

buldogge
01-08-2013, 22:29
Use the side pockets with the bottle angles forward out of the secondary cut-out.

Alternatively have a look at the shoulder strap holsters Chris @ Zimmerbuilt makes...very nice.

-Mark in St. Louis

leaftye
01-08-2013, 22:31
Unfortunately that pack doesn't look like it has d-rings on the shoulder straps. That would have allowed easily hanging a water bottle holster. You could still do it, but it'll probably wear out or pull out part of the strap.

You could use two pairs of loops of shock cord and cord locks wrapped around the shoulder strap.

You could also try finding a Dana Designs wet rib.

I can understand wanting easier access to a water bottle. Not all of us have enough shoulder mobility to reach those side pockets.

rbgarcia
01-08-2013, 22:32
nalgene. i use a bladder for water but i like to carry a liter of gatorade in the afternoon. the pockets are a tight fit and i can't seem to be able to get the bottle out without taking the pack off.

Kingbee
01-08-2013, 22:43
I have an Exos 58, and I put a 2 liter Platypus in a side pocket. Hoses freeze in winter, so go for bottles then.