PDA

View Full Version : Where are all those early starters?

T.S.Kobzol
01-09-2013, 12:20
I have briefly checked trailjournals.com but haven't really seen anyone from the past posters here who said they will be starting NOBO in January.

Anyone know if someone started?

Karma13
01-09-2013, 12:24
Rifle started. His journal is here (http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=397845).

Haven't found anybody else, though! Best of luck to them.

moldy
01-10-2013, 15:26
Rifle was the only one I could see out there. He keeps meeting other hikers who are not on TJ. He is going real slow and his pack is 50 lbs.

Hosaphone
01-10-2013, 15:39
Rifle was the only one I could see out there. He keeps meeting other hikers who are not on TJ. He is going real slow and his pack is 50 lbs.

50lb and counting! He seems to be in good spirits though and getting good weather.

Yesterday was a geat day. I received several nice gifts. The first was a spare headlamp, so now I have a backup. The second was due to someone's misfortune. I found an almost new, razor sharp S.O.G. knife laying on the trail! Didn't have a sheath so I spent about 20 min rigging up one out of 2 v stakes, my PVC T (normally used to drive my stakes) and paracord. The S.O.G. has found its new home

joshuasdad
01-10-2013, 17:23
Rifle was the only one I could see out there. He keeps meeting other hikers who are not on TJ. He is going real slow and his pack is 50 lbs..

His mpd looks good considering daylight and winter packweight. Concerned that he has not posted in 4 days, especially since he was complaining of knee pain.

Karma13
01-10-2013, 17:25
He didn't post for his first few days, either, then he uploaded a bunch when he could. I hope he's OK, too. Keeping my fingers crossed for him.