PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new

JoeB
06-01-2005, 09:40
My son is leaving for his SOBO thru hike tonite. I joined up to stay in contact with him, and to have any questions may have answered, i look forward to posting and learning more about my son's hike.

Thanks

MOWGLI
06-01-2005, 09:53
My son is leaving for his SOBO thru hike tonite. I joined up to stay in contact with him, and to have any questions may have answered, i look forward to posting and learning more about my son's hike.

Thanks

Is you son Blake or Mike? I know they are planning a SOBO starting June 1.

Ender
06-01-2005, 09:54

Thanks

Nice to have you with us. We'll do what we can to answer all of your questions. Good luck to your son. He's about to have the best experience of his life.

UCONNMike
06-01-2005, 10:03
Is you son Blake or Mike? I know they are planning a SOBO starting June 1. JoeB belongs to me. I made sure he signed up here on WB so he could have any questions answered as to my location, mail drop info, where he could meet me out there, and anything else he wants to know. So take it easy on him if he posts a goofy question, he's new to the AT game. I'll see you on Katahdin tomorrow morning real early everyone. Blake and I are driving up tonite.

MOWGLI
06-01-2005, 10:20
JoeB belongs to me.

Welcome aboard JoeB. There is no such thing as a goofy question. Only goofy hikers - and I resemble that remark. :D

Have a great hike Mike.

Lone Wolf
06-01-2005, 10:21
Katadyn is a water filter.

TOW
06-01-2005, 10:22
welcome to you both, if i can be of assistance, private message me then........

Dharma
06-01-2005, 10:30
Welcome Joe....

I'm here if you need someone local to talk to. I hiked last year. My phone # is on my trailjournals page. (http://www.trailjournals.com/about.cfm?trailname=1476)

Tramper Al
06-01-2005, 10:30
JoeB belongs to me. I made sure he signed up here on WB so he could have any questions answered as to my location, mail drop info, where he could meet me out there, and anything else he wants to know. So take it easy on him if he posts a goofy question, he's new to the AT game. I'll see you on Katadyn tomorrow morning real early everyone. Blake and I are driving up tonite.
How are you planning to reach Baxter Peak? My understanding is that BSP will not "opn" the Hunt Trail for at least another week. The Abol Trail, they are trying to open and keep open, but not yet.

The Solemates
06-01-2005, 10:50
Katadyn is a water filter.

i thought the same thing when i read his post. its kind of a big mtn, you could at least get it right. :D

UCONNMike
06-01-2005, 11:16
i thought the same thing when i read his post. its kind of a big mtn, you could at least get it right. :D
I fixed it...sorry gang, but at least you didn't throw me under the bus for it ;)

Lone Wolf
06-01-2005, 11:59
You ain't the first or the last to misspell it. No biggie.

Bolivershagnasty
06-01-2005, 14:54
Guys when you get to NC area I can shuttle you to towns on zero's or meet you with suplies at crossings. My pleasure.

TJ aka Teej
06-01-2005, 16:14
Welcome, Joe. I'll look for you both tomorrow at KSC.
Katahdin Trail info: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=108125#post108125post108125 (as of 3PM June 1st.)

Lion King
06-02-2005, 09:12
Enjoy every day of it, it will change you forever.

TJ aka Teej
06-05-2005, 15:07
Hi JoeB!
You had a great day for your climb of Katahdin with the boys. You're 5.2 miles into a section hike, now! I met them the next day too, as they were heading out of the Park. Blake was treating a small blister but they were both in great spirits. Took this snap of RedLine and Trot: http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/7581/sort/1/cat/last1/page/1