PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate the Alpine Peak 2?

The Lone Trapper
01-09-2013, 14:13
Hey,

This is my first time doing this, so dont yell at me if i do it wrong. i recently recived the Alpine Peak 2 person tent (Made by Swiss Gear), and i was wondering how well of a tent it is for A.T Through-Hiking? I am also thinking about bying the Timberjack/Slumberjack 20 degree sleeping bag and i was wondering if anyone would have anything to say about it.
Thanks for your time,
The Lone Trapper

Rasty
01-09-2013, 14:55
If you can return the Swiss Gear tent then do so and use the Walmart credit to buy Starter Brand poly shirts, stuff sacks, etc. If your budget is really tight look for items at campmor.com The Slumberjack sleeping bag is about 4 pounds and not warm below about 40 degrees. I have 3 of these for summer family car camping. Campmor has a Kelty down sleeping bag that is usually around $120 and get's good reviews. I would save a little money and buy a quality tent in the 1-1/2 pound per person range. Spending money now and respending it again sucks.

Also look for used gear here. There are some really great deals on equipment from time to time.