PDA

View Full Version : 2013 SOBO Gear List - Feedback pls

tarantolk
01-09-2013, 17:13
I will be hiking with my boyfriend, therefore have a dualist cookset and 2p tent. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Pack
Gregory deva 60
pack cover

Footwear
Woman's Merrell Moab

Sleep/Shelter
Nemo Obi 2p
Footprint
Stoic Vamp Sleeping Bag 15°
Thermarest Sleeping Pad

Cooking
GSI Pinnacle Dualist Cookset
MSR Micro Rocket Stove
Katadyn Hiker Water filter
2L Reservior

Clothing
Craft Basic Baselayer top/bottom
REI silk sock liner
sport bra 2
UA underwear 3 pair
UA tank
Columbia hiker lite II sock
EMS midweight sock
EMS lightweight sock
techwick short sleeve
techwick long sleeve
Northface Venture Rain Pant
Northface Venture Rain Jacket
tek gear shorts
UA beanie
EMS power stretch convertible gloves\
bandana
EMS Titan 1/2 Zip

Tools
Swiss army knife
headlamp
gaiters
tek towel
dry sack 3
black diamond trekking poles
goal zero solar panel
50' cord
first aid kit
pentax w-2 camera

moldy
01-09-2013, 17:40
Wow, solid. You are ready to go. Comments: Cell phone? and you may want to swap out that heavy sleeping bag after the Whites when this years global warming kicks in. Happy trails

Drybones
01-09-2013, 18:16
I will be hiking with my boyfriend, therefore have a dualist cookset and 2p tent. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Pack
Gregory deva 60
pack cover

Footwear
Woman's Merrell Moab

Sleep/Shelter
Nemo Obi 2p
Footprint
Stoic Vamp Sleeping Bag 15°
Thermarest Sleeping Pad

Cooking
GSI Pinnacle Dualist Cookset
MSR Micro Rocket Stove
Katadyn Hiker Water filter
2L Reservior

Clothing
Craft Basic Baselayer top/bottom
REI silk sock liner
sport bra 2
UA underwear 3 pair
UA tank
Columbia hiker lite II sock
EMS midweight sock
EMS lightweight sock
techwick short sleeve
techwick long sleeve
Northface Venture Rain Pant
Northface Venture Rain Jacket
tek gear shorts
UA beanie
EMS power stretch convertible gloves\
bandana
EMS Titan 1/2 Zip

Tools
Swiss army knife
headlamp
gaiters
tek towel
dry sack 3
black diamond trekking poles
goal zero solar panel
50' cord
first aid kit
pentax w-2 camera

I'd say you have the bases covered, I would take a trail guide.

tarantolk
01-09-2013, 18:30
Wow, solid. You are ready to go. Comments: Cell phone? and you may want to swap out that heavy sleeping bag after the Whites when this years global warming kicks in. Happy trails

Thanks, I forgot to put down that I'll be bringing a cell. I do hear that most swap out their bags, I'm always very cold at night so it will be an on the trail decision. Thanks for the input :-)

tarantolk
01-09-2013, 18:32
I'd say you have the bases covered, I would take a trail guide.

Not sure whether to bring the data book or purchase awol's sobo guide. I hear good things about it. Either way, a guide book is a must, thank you!

tarantolk
02-26-2013, 18:55
+ iPhone
+ AWOL SOBO Guide

k2basecamp
02-26-2013, 21:54
Solar panel probably won't be worth carrying you will probably send home in monson.

TBRI
03-16-2013, 15:45
Great gear list! Looks to me like you're set. And it makes me happy to see a fellow hiker who doesn't back a million little things.

RED-DOG
03-16-2013, 15:59
What no GUN, or Bear Canister! sorry i just had to say that, your list looks great but i think i would put a flece in their even if it meant i had to drop something else, also remember that you and your boyfriend might get split up or BREAK UP i think i would take two seperate tents just in case.

Snowleopard
03-16-2013, 18:52
You don't say when you're starting. Overall, it looks like you're fine.
Add bug net and DEET; maybe if you start in late Aug or Sept, you won't need them.
Treat your outer layer and gaitors/shoes with Permethrin for ticks/Lyme disease; if you're hiking in shorts, treat exposed legs with DEET, until you're regularly getting frosts.

tarantolk
03-19-2013, 19:22
K2B: agreed
TBRI: thanks!
RED-DOG: lol gun.. I have thought about the separating or break up or one of us not continuing. Therefore one of us will have a purifier and one will have tabs, also as far as shelter, I was thinking I'd carry a tarp which could be useful in other situations as well. I am prepared for having to grab a solo on the go if need be, hopefully all will go smooth.
As far as a fleece, I have a EMS Titan 1/2 zip opposed to a fleece, do you think that is not a good option. I chose it because its warm, primaloft, lightweight, packs small and it's not down so don't have to worry about H2O damage.
Snow: mid-June , def bringing deet! Thanks!

Overall starting in ME my pack will be about 14-16lbs not including clothing I'll be wearing to start, food or water.

rickb
03-19-2013, 20:43
Moleskin.

Another pair of socks.