PDA

View Full Version : Out of Eden 21,000 mile hike

WingedMonkey
01-11-2013, 20:17
Pulitzer Prize winning reporter starts in Africa, winds through the Middle East, across Asia, hops over to Alaska, goes down the western United States, then Central and South America and ends in Chile

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/outofeden/

fiddlehead
01-11-2013, 22:07
Cool! See, once you are a pulitzer prize winner, you can get paid to hike.
For 7 years!

Maddoxsjohnston
01-11-2013, 22:23
It's hard to imagine someone hiking 21,000 miles, much less a reporter. A cool story none the less/

WingedMonkey
01-11-2013, 22:39
Don't know that I would bet on his chances...but I wouldn't put him in the category of "typical" reporter. His degree is in environmental biology, he's worked as a commercial fisherman, and he was held captive in Sudan.

His first Pulitzer was for articles on Human Genome Diversity, and the second was for "his reporting on the political strife and disease epidemics ravaging Africa, witnessed firsthand as he traveled, sometimes by canoe, through rebel-controlled regions of the Congo."

Probably better survival instincts than a "Walk in the Woods"

:sun

Rasty
01-11-2013, 23:14
Don't know that I would bet on his chances...but I wouldn't put him in the category of "typical" reporter. His degree is in environmental biology, he's worked as a commercial fisherman, and he was held captive in Sudan.

His first Pulitzer was for articles on Human Genome Diversity, and the second was for "his reporting on the political strife and disease epidemics ravaging Africa, witnessed firsthand as he traveled, sometimes by canoe, through rebel-controlled regions of the Congo."

Probably better survival instincts than a "Walk in the Woods"

:sun

Is being held captive a zero day?

Good luck on his trek.

Miami Joe
01-12-2013, 04:32
much less a reporter./

I strongly resent this comment. LOL