PDA

View Full Version : hurricane creek campground

tagg
01-13-2013, 13:24
i would like to park my car here to avoid leaving it on the road at dickey gap, but my guidebook says the campground doesn't open until april 15th. i'm planning to leave it for a week beginning april 14th. does anyone know the layout up there? will there be a locked gate preventing me from accessing an area where i can leave my car before the campground officially opens the following day, or will i be able to get to a parking area?

timtech2
01-29-2013, 16:54
There is a locked gate just beyond Standing Indian Campground, so you won't be able to get a car there until they open. Not sure of the date, may be March 15.

SawnieRobertson
01-30-2013, 13:42
i would like to park my car here to avoid leaving it on the road at dickey gap, but my guidebook says the campground doesn't open until april 15th. i'm planning to leave it for a week beginning april 14th. does anyone know the layout up there? will there be a locked gate preventing me from accessing an area where i can leave my car before the campground officially opens the following day, or will i be able to get to a parking area?

If you call Mt. Rogers Headquarters, you can probably get a reliable a reliable reply.