PDA

View Full Version : Help with VISA application

_Jon
01-15-2013, 20:25
Hi,

My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm a bit stuck on part of my B2 Tourist VISA application.

It's asking for an 'Address Where You Will Stay in the U.S' and I don't think they would appreciate 'in a tent, appalachian trail' as an answer. Has anyone else filled out the online DS160 form and if so what did they put for this? The address of the starting hotel? Somewhere else?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon.

atmilkman
01-15-2013, 20:32
Hi,

My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm a bit stuck on part of my B2 Tourist VISA application.

It's asking for an 'Address Where You Will Stay in the U.S' and I don't think they would appreciate 'in a tent, appalachian trail' as an answer. Has anyone else filled out the online DS160 form and if so what did they put for this? The address of the starting hotel? Somewhere else?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon.
You need to get with WB member OzJacko. He's going thru all this right now. I think he put down the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega, GA.

Chuckie V
01-15-2013, 20:35
Hi, My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm a bit stuck on part of my B2 Tourist VISA application. It's asking for an 'Address Where You Will Stay in the U.S' and I don't think they would appreciate 'in a tent, appalachian trail' as an answer. Has anyone else filled out the online DS160 form and if so what did they put for this? The address of the starting hotel? Somewhere else? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Jon.

Jon, I just sent you a private message...

OzJacko
01-16-2013, 07:59
You need to get with WB member OzJacko. He's going thru all this right now. I think he put down the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega, GA.
Actually for the online form I put down the ATC's address in Harpers Ferry.
Was going to the I/V (with a real person) with the Hiker Hostel and another WB member addresses if needed...

mykdavies
01-16-2013, 12:02
I put the ATC address as well and had no problem getting the visa.

Kaptain Kangaroo
01-16-2013, 16:49
G'day Jon,

For my visa application I put down the address that I was staying at my first night in the US (Hiker Hostel)...no problems...

russ752
01-16-2013, 18:07
For my hike I used the address of the hotel I stayed at in Atlanta. No problems

_Jon
01-17-2013, 19:04
Thanks for the help everyone. It is very much appreciated. Hiker Hostel seems like the most common choice.

Kaptain Kangaroo
01-17-2013, 21:38
No worries...just put the address for wherever it is you will stay your first night ...hotel, hostel etc. But I can certainly recommend the Hiker Hostel, it was a great way to start my hike....

Wise Old Owl
01-17-2013, 21:48
I agree put in a physical address of a hostel,

stranger
01-18-2013, 02:53
Put anything, those idiots don't check anything, they just need to tick a box, but make sure it's a legit address in case someone is having a bad day, immigration is nearly 100% up the the officer, smile and answer the degrading questions, it's their job. I always get grilled cause I'm an Expat!