PDA

View Full Version : Snow forecast for the southern appalachians

johnnybgood
01-16-2013, 20:09
Tomorrow snow is forecast to fall from Asheville,N.C. northward along the Appalachians into VA. Anywhere between 6-12 inches in trail towns like Damascus to over a foot in the upper elevations in North Carolina and Virginia.

If you're heading out tomorrow in those affected areas be careful and break out the snowshoes. :)

HikerMom58
01-16-2013, 20:11
.................................................. ...:)

tnvarmint
01-16-2013, 20:32
Yeah with all of the rain we have had the trails are probably about washed out in some areas. Throw in the snow predicted and it will be rough. I though about heading out this weekend to check some of the local trails.

rocketsocks
01-16-2013, 20:41
Tomorrow snow is forecast to fall from Asheville,N.C. northward along the Appalachians into VA. Anywhere between 6-12 inches in trail towns like Damascus to over a foot in the upper elevations in North Carolina and Virginia.

If you're heading out tomorrow in those affected areas be careful and break out the snowshoes. :)And if you are looking for a pair of cheap snowshoes....just bought a pair from EMS for $49.98 marked down from $149.98 and still on sale now (Tubbs flex treks), free shipping over $48 dollars....now all I need is some snow, and some gumption.

joshuasdad
01-16-2013, 22:16
Might need to hike in NY/NJ this weekend. Bummer. I was looking forward to the Homeplace or the new Blue Blaze Cafe.

topshelf
01-16-2013, 22:25
O I intend to be out in it, I love hiking when the snow is falling, I'm thinking about heading to Elk Garden and heading up towards Grayson Highlands, im hoping itll start snowing up there tonight, its too warm here though, says its 51 up there right now, warmer than here at the house, only 45.

HikerMom58
01-17-2013, 15:54
O I intend to be out in it, I love hiking when the snow is falling, I'm thinking about heading to Elk Garden and heading up towards Grayson Highlands, im hoping itll start snowing up there tonight, its too warm here though, says its 51 up there right now, warmer than here at the house, only 45.

You got ur wish topshelf... it is snowing in Roanoke VA right now... 3-5 inches expected. It's turning everything white in a matter of minutes.

So pretty!