PDA

View Full Version : Injinji Toesocks

Spaghetti O's
01-16-2013, 21:19
Anybody have experience with Injinji toesocks? I saw them mentioned in an article with the author claiming that they significantly reduced blisters. Thoughts???

Biggie Master
01-16-2013, 21:27
Yes -- I have several pair and I've been hiking in them for the past couple of years. I love them. They are actually cooler than "regular" socks too.

max patch
01-16-2013, 21:40
I've never used them as I don't get blisters, but my dad gets horrible blisters on his toes. I suggested he try Injinji's and they work for him - no toes blisters any more.

CarlZ993
01-16-2013, 23:07
I run in them all the time. I occasionally will day hike in them. I've never backpacked with them. Great for preventing blisters on your toes.

treesloth
01-16-2013, 23:26
I have two pairs.. but what really helped me prevent blisters though was Sport Shield. Coat your feet with it twice a day and I doubt you'll see any at all. I did a 70 mile section hike this past summer in Rocksylvania and not one little blister showed up on my feet. The stuff is a lifesaver.

Karma13
01-17-2013, 06:15
I love my Injijis! I get blisters on my toes without them no matter what kind of socks I wear, but zero blisters with them. I've been using them exclusively for a while now. I've got the kneesock compression ones for winter, and several pairs in different weight for summer.

They're great. Can't recommend them highly enough. (Although my brother claims they look like aliens.)

soulrebel
01-17-2013, 09:53
Not a fan. I got a pair as a gift. They were odd feeling and a PITA to put on. On a long 29 mile day of hiking, I ended up with two blisters between my toes, a place that I had not gotten blisters previously.

grayfox
01-17-2013, 14:44
I have two pair--the pair that is smaller works better when my feet are wet and the larger pair work well with flipflops. I think snugger is better otherwise they just bunch up like regular socks.

topshelf
01-17-2013, 14:49
agreed with others they are the worst to put on, but they do seem to reduce blisters while running and hiking, i think...

maybe clem
01-17-2013, 15:44
I love mine.

Stink Bug
01-17-2013, 16:21
The only thing I dislike about them is their longevity, they wear out really quickly.

Spaghetti O's
01-17-2013, 16:45
Thank you all for sharing your experience.

Deadpete
01-17-2013, 17:37
I discovered Injinji toe socks in 2011 on my thru attempt in Hot Springs, NC; I was in need of some foot love and they turned out to be just what I needed. My preferred method of hiking with them is the lightweight/liner weight toe sock, with a thin merino wool sock over top. I can't imagine hiking without them now, and have turned several friends onto them.

I have two pairs.. but what really helped me prevent blisters though was Sport Shield. Coat your feet with it twice a day and I doubt you'll see any at all. I did a 70 mile section hike this past summer in Rocksylvania and not one little blister showed up on my feet. The stuff is a lifesaver.
While I use BodyGlide when necessary on chafe areas, I try to limit myself and only use it when needed. Coating my feet with something twice a day does not sound appealing. With the Injinji liner sock and merino wool combination my feet were extremely happy and I only got an occasional blister on my heel, never between my toes.

Not a fan. I got a pair as a gift. They were odd feeling and a PITA to put on. On a long 29 mile day of hiking, I ended up with two blisters between my toes, a place that I had not gotten blisters previously.
It took me a day or so to get used to wearing them. Odd yes, but never uncomfortable.
They take a few times to get used to putting them on, but never what I'd describe as a PITA.
I've never gotten blisters between my toes wearing them, and I often get them wearing only 'normal' socks.

The only thing I dislike about them is their longevity, they wear out really quickly.
Agree and disagree.
I own a pair of the Nuwool normal weight Injinjis, and just from light wear 'around town' they wore out. I'm extremely disappointed in how soon they developed massive holes, and plan on returning them to REI.
I own many pairs of the lightweight synthetic Injinji ( http://www.google.com/imgres?q=injinji+lightweight&hl=en&sa=X&tbo=d&biw=1600&bih=757&tbm=isch&tbnid=ZB6dT4VvLelQ1M:&imgrefurl=http://blog.yahoo.com/_H5MMQOKTCJKKS2U3AAK5N4SRME/articles/944405&docid=eSZlw8lZDtPabM&imgurl=http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4993/2968aa0be9384bd538e6a3e.jpg&w=380&h=500&ei=pWz4UIu2CdDyqQGc-IHQBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=695&vpy=102&dur=202&hovh=258&hovw=196&tx=101&ty=159&sig=113285982359218589837&page=1&tbnh=148&tbnw=113&start=0&ndsp=38&ved=1t:429,r:23,s:0,i:159 ) and absolutely love them. I have found NO issues with their longevity. the first pair I purchased in Hot Springs, I wore almost exclusively (with a lightweight Bridgedale sock over it) for 600 miles. I have no qualms about buying more, and suggesting them to others.
I own pairs of the normal weight synthetic version, and they're nice, but I prefer the liner weight.

Kerosene
01-18-2013, 12:53
I've found them to be very effective at eliminating blisters on or between your toes. However, I find them to be warmer than other liner socks. I used to use gel toe-caps to cushion toes that touched each other, so the Injinji solution is better. They are a PITA to dry out, as well as take on and off.