PDA

View Full Version : Summer/Fall Internship available

MOWGLI
06-03-2005, 18:13
I have a job opening that I need to fill in the next few weeks. It is a 6 month position with American Hiking Society based in Chattanooga, TN. This is a perfect position for anyone who just graduated from college and is looking for a unique experience. Interviews are underway, so please don't delay. Preferably I'd like all interviews to be conducted by the end of next week - June 11. Sorry for the short notice. Funding for the position was just approved. The first week on the job will be spent helping to build the Cumberland Trail at the Big Dig.

Chattanooga, Tennessee Office
GRASSROOTS ORGANIZING
Activities include research, writing, and outreach related to the Southern Appalachians Initiative, which is a joint project of American Hiking Society and the National Park Service’s Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance (RTCA) program. This will involve interacting with member groups of the Southeastern Foot Trails Coalition. Candidates should have excellent communication (including public speaking experience) and organizational skills, as well as familiarity with Microsoft Office tools (including PowerPoint). The primary responsibility for the summer & fall ’05 internship will be to perform community outreach to bolster trail volunteerism in the SE Tennessee, NW Georgia, and NE Alabama area.

GENERAL INFORMATION
Interns work out of American Hiking Society's office in Chattanooga, Tennessee. This office is a National Park Service’s RTCA Field Office. Interns will have an opportunity to interact with NPS employees, and participate in NPS project work on an as-needed basis. Interns will receive a generous stipend, and travel expenses. Flexible scheduling is offered. Housing is not offered. To apply, FAX a cover letter and resume to: 423-266-2558, or email to jhunter (at) AmericanHiking.org

Jeffrey Hunter