PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Thru Hikers: Come Tough Mudder with us.

sublimety
01-19-2013, 15:53
We are a team of 3 looking for more thru hikers to participate in Tough Mudder New England. If you join us we will have hiked 1,600 + miles and will (what I believe) be the first people to do a Tough Mudder while thru hiking the AT. It is a once in a lifetime chance. Let me know if you are interested. Our team name is Team Pro-Mad. Happy trails!

Camel2012
01-21-2013, 15:38
Sorry i never got back to you. I would love to do it, but can't commit before even hitting the trail. I'm hiking with my 14 yo son, and not sure of our pace, and i don't like over planning my hikes since it never works out for me.

I think we are starting close to the same time, and when we get up in Virginia, my son and i will have a much better idea of our pace. I'm focusing on the hike first and foremost, and if we make it to the TM, great, and if not, not a big deal.

See you on the trail,
Camel

sublimety
01-23-2013, 13:07
Sorry i never got back to you. I would love to do it, but can't commit before even hitting the trail. I'm hiking with my 14 yo son, and not sure of our pace, and i don't like over planning my hikes since it never works out for me.

I think we are starting close to the same time, and when we get up in Virginia, my son and i will have a much better idea of our pace. I'm focusing on the hike first and foremost, and if we make it to the TM, great, and if not, not a big deal.

See you on the trail,
Camel

I understand, the hike is most important to us also. It doesn't really matter where we are on the trail we are just going to take a couple zeros to make it all work. We aren't going to rush or slow down to make it. However we would love to have you as part of our team if you do decide to join up.

Happy Trails.

Dahoyt
01-29-2013, 12:15
When is the Tough Mudders, I am interested. Starting NOBO March 4th. Let me know details, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

youngeric86
01-30-2013, 01:15
When is the Tough Mudders, I am interested. Starting NOBO March 4th. Let me know details, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

http://toughmudder.com/events/new-england-2013/

August 10-11 only about 20-30 from the trail.

Im going to wait a month or 2 after ive been on the trail before I register for it (no refund). But if I do I'm going to stay in Bennington and rent a car for the day.

sublimety
01-30-2013, 09:56
http://toughmudder.com/events/new-england-2013/

August 10-11 only about 20-30 from the trail.

Im going to wait a month or 2 after ive been on the trail before I register for it (no refund). But if I do I'm going to stay in Bennington and rent a car for the day. Good Deal hope to see you on the trail or at the mudder good luck and happy trails.

Tree Nerd
02-04-2013, 16:47
I didnt know what I tough mudder was until I checked out that link....IMO it seems like a good way to get hurt and end your thru.

Almost There
02-04-2013, 16:54
I didnt know what I tough mudder was until I checked out that link....IMO it seems like a good way to get hurt and end your thru.

Ditto, wouldn't it suck to make it to New England, and then pull or tear something. Keep in mind all the walking you'll do, and strength you'll lose in the upper body will not be conducive to the nature of a tough mudder. But, hey if you're young enough...At 38, if I was doing a thru, I guarantee I'd mess something up.

Good luck to you all though!

Tree Nerd
02-04-2013, 17:03
At 38, if I was doing a thru, I guarantee I'd mess something up.

At 21 and with my incredible amount of luck I guarantee I'd mess something up too. My dad already told me the luck is not on my side for this trip, its something genetic haha.

sublimety
02-05-2013, 15:25

Good thing a thru hike has no risks and is completely safe, I guess I should rethink the approach trail too many steps, lol.

Tree Nerd
02-05-2013, 20:48
Good thing a thru hike has no risks and is completely safe, I guess I should rethink the approach trail too many steps, lol.

Well obviously there are a lot of risks to thru hiking, but there are a lot more when it comes to a mud run, especially when conditions are as Almost There described.