PDA

View Full Version : Finger Lakes Trail

mrc237
06-04-2005, 11:48
Anybody here have any experience or information about this trail? I am in the process of section hiking the PCT (1000 mi LY) but thinking of scrapping TY (because of snow) seems to be too much of an effort to travel there (Reno from NY) just for a 6 week hike. I've checked out the web site but first hand info is the best.>-----------------------EZ

neo
06-04-2005, 12:00
sparrowhawk sparrowhawk hiked the finerlakes trail in new york in 2004
he has a great journal and great photo,s,:cool: neo

http://www.trailjournals.net/

greymane
06-06-2005, 11:00
I live right off the trail, so please feel free to ask questions.

greymane
06-06-2005, 12:27
Just a note for anyone headed to the trail, coyotes are become more commonplace in this area and a mountain lion has been seen in the Hornell area. (Yes, it was a mountain lion. I have seen the up-close photos.)

MOWGLI
06-06-2005, 12:30
Just a note for anyone headed to the trail, coyotes are become more commonplace in this area and a mountain lion has been seen in the Hornell area. (Yes, it was a mountain lion. I have seen the up-close photos.)

Can you get a copy of the Mountain Lion posted in the gallery?

greymane
08-31-2005, 09:53
Sorry for the delay, but the pics are now in the gallery.

saimyoji
08-31-2005, 12:23
YIKES. Are those pics taken from your house?

Pets and small children beware.

ivanputski
08-31-2005, 12:30
I just did an overnighter in the Steuben County area on the FLT. Coyotes were on the prowl all night. Them came into the camp area to look around, my dog did not like it at all, some growling and barking seemed to do the trick to send them on their way but they continued to howl all night.

greymane
09-06-2005, 14:51
I have to apologize for being naive. It appears these pictures (although very real and interesting) were not taken in Hornell. I still tend to believe these large cats are present in the area. Alas, we continue to wait for credible proof.

MOWGLI
09-06-2005, 14:59
I have to apologize for being naive. It appears these pictures (although very real and interesting) were not taken in Hornell. I still tend to believe these large cats are present in the area. Alas, we continue to wait for credible proof.

Where were the photos taken? I was astounded as was my wife - who is from Olean, NY.

ivanputski
09-06-2005, 15:27
There have been no confirmed sightings in the area. only those pictures that surfaced. I have lived in the area my whole life and have never heard anyone talk about them until someone posted the pictures. you never know but i don't those pictures are from that area.